Home

Why are the players in this game so huge?

This is a discussion on Why are the players in this game so huge? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why are the players in this game so huge?

My biggest problem with this game is that the players are not proportional to the size of the field at all. It's like they are either playing on a mini field or every single player is like 7' 6". It almost slims down the plays you can call because certain routes are impossible because the field is too cluttered with giants. Anyone know a way to change generic players heights to make everyone like 5 feet tall (in game height) to make the players sizes more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Why are the players in this game so huge?

I haven't gotten this feeling from the game at all. Not to say you're wrong, but I'm curious about which plays you feel you can't run because of the dimensions of the field/players. Perhaps some specific examples would help . . .
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

I think he may be right. When you look at real football it seems there is a lot more open field.

But I will say this, maybe it was the intention of the delopers to make the game this way? The slightly exaggerated size could have been implemented to slightly exaggerate the greatness of the Legends? You know, the whole "larger than life" appeal?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

It's perfect you must be playing on 4:3 tv it makes everything look weird
Old 09-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I dont see it. They look fine to me.

(48" HD)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
Banned

Me either
Old 09-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Dive a guy on the ground laying straight out. Notice from head to toe he is spread across about 3 yards on the field. I don't know about you but I don't see many 9 foot people playing football.

edit: upon further inspection I am wrong about this. I guess I'll post back about this when I get some pictures

Last edited by golli; 09-22-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

Alright, I don't have the best pictures so I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Ok, image #1 APF 2k8

Image #2 Madden 09

And image #3 a nice field view of the Pats vs Eagles from last season. I wish I could've found a coach film type picture from behind the offense to better compare but this is the best I came across.

So, it's very obvious that APF's default camera is zoomed much closer so of course the player's look larger. Despite this however I still think there is just not enough open field in this game.

To answer you Trojan, I always seem to have trouble with quick slants and even slightly deeper posts across the middle. It always seems that the LB's can cover the entire middle of the field (even outside the hash marks) way to easily and consistently. If you've got any tips for helping me find more success here please share but what I'm more concerned with is if you guys think the field is too small when checking out these pics because I'm not entirely convinced one way or the other.

Last edited by golli; 09-26-2008 at 03:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »