Home

I really think I'm obsessed with this game!

This is a discussion on I really think I'm obsessed with this game! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 AM   #17
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I really think I'm obsessed with this game!

I'm loaded, I'm strapped, I'm ready for whatever...

Lol, good game yesterday Trojan. I think that offense works for you.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Dude, you are loaded, strapped, and ready for whatever. I got lucky yesterday. If Melton makes a good throw on the last play, Jenkins gets another TD and the game is tied. On both of those throws to him I had the zones rolled that way, but he still found the soft spot.

And OJ is disgustingly good. He's tough to keep the wraps on all game long.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Melton holds me down, but that throw couldn't have come at a worse time. Either way though, we weren't going to overtime. I was going for the win if I scored because I didn't want to chance you getting the coin toss. You really surprised me with how many long gains you got in the game. I've definitely gotta do some things differently next time we run those teams. As always, it was a good one.

Yeah man, OJ is a beast. When you play with generic and bronze backs a lot, the jump to a Gold seems like night and day.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Haha. Yeah, that was piss poor timing on Melton's part.

I was a little surprised at the offense myself--I don't usually go for or get big chunks of yardage with that squad. I try to play a more patient game and try to force the opposition into a mistake. I took over a quarter in the game before I played you to score, and I didn't run the play clock at all to do it--lots of 4, 7, 9 yard gains. That's really the way I like to play. I get tired of the rest of the online crowd's bombs-away approach, so I shy away from it for the most part.

I really like that team, so I'm gonna stick with if for a little bit longer, but you know me--I never run the same team for more than a couple of days.

Singletary has surprised me. I know people rail on the horrible MLB logic in the game, but I have found that by mixing play calls and using generic LBs and DLs to gum up running lanes, Singletary gets to the ballcarrier a lot. And when he gets there he doesn't miss.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #21
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Troj and Buddy, sounds like you are both using generic QB's. I want to go that way. I have done it in the past and liked the extra legend somewhere else.

I stopped doing it because I felt I was throwing too many INT's. But, when I went back tl a legend QB I noticed that most of my interceptions are from my own stupidity, just bad reads. So, a few questions:

Can you run the deep out against man coverage successfully?

Can you run the fade route and hit your receiver before the safety gets there?

Do you have enough arm strength to execute the curl route, including the deep curl?

Your thoughts please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

I still rotate between All Pro and ESPN NFL 2K5; however I am addicted to the 2K engine. There is just something about it that feels so real when compared to the other games out there on the market.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Troj and Buddy, sounds like you are both using generic QB's. I want to go that way. I have done it in the past and liked the extra legend somewhere else.

I stopped doing it because I felt I was throwing too many INT's. But, when I went back tl a legend QB I noticed that most of my interceptions are from my own stupidity, just bad reads. So, a few questions:

Can you run the deep out against man coverage successfully?

Can you run the fade route and hit your receiver before the safety gets there?

Do you have enough arm strength to execute the curl route, including the deep curl?

Your thoughts please.
Hey, slthree. I have used a generic QB in the past, but am back to a legend just for fun. Buddy is the real king of the generic offense.

That said, the answers to your questions are yes, yes, and yes. With a generic QB you can make throws of about 25 yards (perhaps a little more) with decent zip and accuracy. The key is timing. All the routes you mention can be thrown with a generic. However, because their arm strength isn't as good, you need to learn to throw just before the break so that the ball is there right when the receiver makes his final cut. This just requires some time in practice getting all the routes down.

If you don't get the timing down, then you give DBs a chance to break on a weakly thrown ball, and that's when you get the pass deflections and interceptions.

Another consideration: since your accuracy will take a bit of a hit, you might consider having one or more receivers with acrobatic catches for those offline throws, or perhaps soft hands. Of course, Buddy does just fine with generic possession guys, but that's Buddy .

Man, I wish you were on 360! Good luck!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:23 AM   #24
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

A big difference in accuracy and throwing power between a scrambler and pocket passer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »