Home

2K needs to go for NAIA licensing...

This is a discussion on 2K needs to go for NAIA licensing... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: 2K needs to go for NAIA licensing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Oh God no! All Pro needs to come back without the pros and let the community edit everything simular to PES.
I disagree here. Personally, I find the legends really fun to play with. I love the signature styles and the ability to play with the games greats.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Choice, dammit. Give us the legends and the deep customization, and let us choose which one we want!

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I disagree here. Personally, I find the legends really fun to play with. I love the signature styles and the ability to play with the games greats.
I say drop the legends because they add a lot of cost to making the game and with the right editing tools the community could build them and put in entire rosters of legends, or active players, or even create a fictional league. Look at what has been done with ESPN NFL 2K5 and the editing tools available for it.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
The reason 2k sales were so poor is because lack of franchise.
Nah. If that were the case, then that "other game" would flop every year since franchise is always terribly broken and for most franchise players, considered unplayable. Yet, it still sells millions and millions of copies, year after year.

Truth is, outside of forums like these and a few guys here and there, franchise mode is not a big deal. People buy these games and either play a lot of exhibition games, or play with their friends, and not just online since the offline player still trumps the online in numbers.

APF failed for like 100 other reasons. Lack of franchise was just one in a mountain of things. Even if it had franchise, I doubt it would've done any better sales-wise than it did. After all, there were 2K football games in the past that had the NFL license and franchise mode and sold poorly enough to end the franchise, like 2K3 and 2K4... 2K3 REALLY bombed... really. I loved it though.

And oh yeah, the NAIA license?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I say drop the legends because they add a lot of cost to making the game and with the right editing tools the community could build them and put in entire rosters of legends, or active players, or even create a fictional league. Look at what has been done with ESPN NFL 2K5 and the editing tools available for it.
Word. Good point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe I missed it, but why not the CFL or Arena League.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #23
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Haha. I'll second.

The more I play this game, and the more I consider the prospects for its future, the less I think a franchise mode is necessary. The fact of the matter is that franchise modes are always broken: either there's no progression, or no regression; the draft classes are wacky, as are team drafting strategies; trades are wonky; key roster features like IR are off, and so on.

This game has incredible online replayability because of the roster permutations. They've found the best concept I think they can for this game, and what they need to do is just add more legends. Minor tweaks are all that's needed on the AI side of things, and more legends will infuse the game with a fresh feeling and further enhance the game's greatest asset, which is the concept of creating unique teams within set parameters.

The community has been screaming for full customization, but that would be a complete cluster-****. A game built for online play needs consistency. This game was built for online, and that's not gonna change. Sad, perhaps, but true. So the devs, I think, need to stick to their commitment to the vision for this game and enhance it with AI upgrades and more players to choose from.

Just my .02.
i second that
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

They don't need to have an NAIA game, they need a NCAA Div.II game. This is the most competitive, most exciting football in college. The best part- they have an actual (gasp) playoff to get to the Nat'l Championship game. No popularity contest. No preferential treatment because 30 years ago a school won a couple of championships. No stuffy old voters. Just hard hitting, every game counts, win and you're in playoffs. Want to see great football, watch the NCAA I-AA and Div.II playoffs. Nobody's phoning it in, trying to get a birth in the Independence Bowl. No, it's lose and go home. 2K sports could have a field day with this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »