Home

Hidden Abilities

This is a discussion on Hidden Abilities within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Hidden Abilities

I think this came up a while, back, but now that the game has been out for over a year, I would like to revisit the issue of "hidden abilities" in the hopes that recognizing the skills "under the hood" on some legends might encourage roster diversification.

I'll offer a few to get the ball rolling.

Mike Singletary: Coverage Bonus. He's okay in man, but he's excellent in zone, by far the best of the golds. He bats down a surprising number of passes for a guy at 6'0''--way more than the 6'-3'' Butkus. His hands are good, to boot. He has picked off more balls than any MLB I've seen. Clutch. He's very good on third down.

Emmit Smith: Power. He's incredibly powerful even when not charged up. He is a very close second to Earl, believe it or not, in the power game. I can't tell you how many tacklers, legend or otherwise, I've simply dropped by lowering an un-charged shoulder into them. 8-9 broken tackles per game, easy. The only guys who bring him down solo consistently are Lloyd, Lott, and Browner, and I've even broken tackles by the last two with him. It's more than the Branching Tackles--he just runs through people. Stamina. This may be an effect of the Durability attribute, but I've given Emmit 7-9 carries in a row on more than one occasion, and he doens't get very tired. He just keeps on trucking folks.

Troy Aikman: Tough as Nails. I've only just started using him on my new team, but I've noticed that he is very good at standing tall in the pocket and delivering strikes while getting rushed or even hit. His passes don't seem to lose strength or accuracy the way that most do when pressured.

Even though they're all golds, I don't see these guys used much, so try them out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Hidden Abilities

Great game last night, you got me wanting to have to start playing Ap2K8 full time again.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

You too, Tombsong! I love playing people from OS--it's a great experience every time, win or lose. I've never been afraid of Dave Meggett until I played you. I guarantee you he won't drop two balls in the same game again--I was lucky there.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

I think Earl Campbell must have some speed burner hidden in there somewhere.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You too, Tombsong! I love playing people from OS--it's a great experience every time, win or lose. I've never been afraid of Dave Meggett until I played you. I guarantee you he won't drop two balls in the same game again--I was lucky there.
Your pass rush got me rethinking Bartkowski. He CANNOT throw under pressure. His balls go WAY off target when any heat is near him, LOL.
This game has you going back and forth over every pick you make whish is what makes it a fun chess match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 55

Mike Singletary has quick feet, no question. If you compare any of the gold ILB's to him he definitely stands out as the quickest and easiest to control. He should also have "hard hands" for all the dropped INT's or "pass defenses" he gets me

Steve Young feels as if he has quick release. He really gets the ball out of there faster especially on the run, which may have to do with his scrambler ability.

I think Dick Anderson has some of the softest hands of any DB in the game. That guy gave me more INT's than any player.

OJ Simpson fumbles pretty easily.

Greg Lloyd should have some kind of pass rush bonus being that he was a pass rushing OLB for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's actually my all-time favorite player and I was kind of confused with the footsteps ability instead of big hit or any kind of pass rush ability when the game came out.

Mark Rypien is the most bi-polar QB I've ever used. One game he's the league MVP and in another game where he gets hit a couple of times he's apparently throwing with his opposite hand.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I take offense to that...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46