Home

The Little Things

This is a discussion on The Little Things within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The Little Things

Rod is dangerous. I decided to go after him once in our game, and luckily for me he blitzed ;-). Of course my generic dropped the ball, lol. He's also a beast against the run--he got Payton a couple of times in our last game and caught me by surprise.

I have seen that one-handed thing by Hayes a couple of times--it must be the animation they give to the guy who made stick-em famous. There's no way that ball gets caught without a gallon of the sticky stuff.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I remember I was playing an offline game once and the ball was snapped over the CPU punters head and he tried to pick it up and get the kick off. I tackled him as he was starting his motion to punt the ball.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

one time on an online game deron cherry tipped a deep pass to alvin harper and while continuing to move forward, he turns around slides butt up backwards and catches the ball right before it hit the ground

"Now I do right.. wherever I can manage
The devil was eating me alive but I climbed out of that sandwich"
Cunninlynguist - Doin' Alright
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 55

I dove for the goal line with walter payton today and got lit up pretty good while flying it. He spun twice in the air while still moving forward... looked pretty cool!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

I don't know if this quite applies, but I once watched a really cool replay of a pass I threw with Randall Cunningham-scrambling to the right-to Andre Reed. I zoomed-in on all of the details and I was just amazed at all they put into making the balls a certain way, and the facial details of the players. I liked how they had Visual Concepts and 2k under the thing on the ball that said "All-Pro Football League". It was really cool.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

I had Dan Marino thread the needle unlike I've seen in a long time. He'd zing a pass in between 3 defenders so fast I couldn't even see where the ball was at the end... it felt pretty cool to do! I like how the game has him hold the ball low and "pat" it before he snaps it out just like in real life.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Something I've seen in a game w/ Trojan and a game w/ Buddy. Crazy ish happens in this game just like real life.

Against Trojan, I believe the ball bounced off a guy's helmet, Maynard caught it after that and took it to the house.

Against Buddy, his guy fumbles, three of my guys are laying around the ball. Either the game thought it was an incompletion or didn't know he fumbled. Anyway I see Buddy's guy come out of nowhere, scoop it up and score. Back breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Haha--now I remember the game I played you in. I saw you posted in the other thread that we only played once and I couldn't remember it, but I'll remember that Maynard catch forever. I was beyond stunned by that, lol.

I got some poetic justice when Ditka pulled the same trick for a TD on Buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »