Home

The Little Things

This is a discussion on The Little Things within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The Little Things

Man, I've really been digging the way 2K differentiated route running abilities in this game.

I've been working on manual coverage, and while playing defense, you can see a huge difference between guys with Route God, Possession Receiver, Deep Threat, and those without.

What's amazing to me is that each of these abilities works differently. Route Gods are obviously slick at every route. Possession guys are great on short stuff, and Deep Threats are good on long stuff. Duh.

But what I really like is the clear distinction in the animation department. Covering a guy like Harper is easy because his gather and break animations are so long. On a short route, Herman Moore has zero gather and break, and it makes him very tough to cover. You don't know which way he's cutting until he does it. And covering Biletnikoff, I noticed that Deep Threat receivers separate from defenders much later in the route than the others. Those guys won't separate at the cut, per se, but as the route lengthens it's like they pull away a bit.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #58
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

i had 2 back to back gms where the ball was hiked over the punters head first time it was me and i got a safety....it actually helped me out cause i was backed up in my endzone....Lol

the other was my opponent...the ball sailed over his kickers head by about 15-20 yards and then when he picked it up I blocked the kick partially and lem barney almost took it to the house....It was a play like no other!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it was Tynes kicking off. It was raining. And, you guessed it! He slipped right onto his backside. The replay starts with him already on the ground.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

i just had my best game. i was down 7-10 in the 4th quarter. i drove down field and tied the game with 20 seconds left. i kick the ball off and it gets returned for a touchdown. With 13 seconds left i get the ball back and rocket ismail was wide open with nowhere near him on a post. He took it 70 yards for a touchdown and tied it up again. we went into double overtime and ismail made another big catch to put me in field goal range for the win
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 13

Seeing my WR (He was a generic) catch the ball a few inches away from the sidelines while tip toeing both feet on the ground to stay in bounds. Also the interactions and collisions with players going out of bounds with players on the sideline, chain gang, etc.

Also, during a rainy game, seeing my QB slip while dropping back to hand off the ball, and then reaching out with one arm to place the ball into the RB's arms.

Seeing Walter Payton break a big run and do the scissor kick into the end zone is priceless.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »