Home

The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

This is a discussion on The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
I sorta wish I would've gotten into this game when it was first released. If I tried to go back to it now, the aged graphics would bother me.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9
AP2k8 destroys Madden in terms of gameplay....I bought Madden this year and gave it a fair chance, but it got traded in this week.Still playing AP2k8.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I sorta wish I would've gotten into this game when it was first released. If I tried to go back to it now, the aged graphics would bother me.

The aged graphics from last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm glad to see the 2K8 love. I played through two seasons and had a blast before going back to ESPN NFL 2K5. 2K8 has better graphics and a few nice touches, but I'm just not into doing a bunch of extra work to play Franchise mode. Here's to hoping that All Pro 2K10 is quietly being worked on for next summer.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #13
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
It still looks better than Madden 09. Players on the sidelines are the real deal and step up on big runs. There are stadium effects. The player models look better. The animation of the player models is better. Lets not even compare gameplay.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #14
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

There are still some elements that are too strong and some that are too weak but overall it is the best most addictive football game I have ever played.

This game, more than any other is EXTREMELY addictive due to the team combos. NFL 2k series was already addictive for it's practice mode, however APF takes it to another level when you can move players around.

The shear possible teams, formations and Generic/Coaching (I still think the generic assignments has an affect on the legends as well) assignments are limitless and are only bound by your imagination.

There are still some areas of the game that are weak and could have made WAY more of the players and formations alot more usefull which really would have sent people into insanity trying them all out, but the amount of developement they were able to acheive is remarkable.

Last edited by catcatch22; 11-12-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Great article! This is the most underrated sports game ever. It is good to see that this game is finally getting some love outside of the APF Forum. It's amazing that a game that wasn't developed for a very long time is still the king of football on next-gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
There are still some elements that are too strong and some that are too weak but overall it is the best most addictive football game I have ever played.

This game, more than any other is EXTREMELY addictive due to the team combos. NFL 2k series was already addictive for it's practice mode, however APF takes it to another level when you can move players around.

The shear possible teams, formations and Generic/Coaching (I still think the generic assignments has an affect on the legends as well) assignments are limitless and are only bound by your imagination.

There are still some areas of the game that are weak and could have made WAY more of the players and formations alot more usefull which really would have sent people into insanity trying them all out, but the amount of developement they were able to acheive is remarkable.
This is why I've been harping on the need for 2k to stick with the plan if we see another one of these. This game is still alive because of the matchups you can create with limited personnel choices, and more choices will only enliven the game.

I'm still loving it, probably more than before now that I'm playing in my first league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »