Home

The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

This is a discussion on The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

Trojan the more effort we put into our league, the more rewarding it will feel. That is why I'm really trying to write articles for each of my games to hopefully fuel some excitement for others to do the same.

I'd recommend following the statistics closely, it is a lot of fun to see who is leading at what and how. I love seeing who forces the most turnovers, who has the best QB efficiency and which players are scoring the most TD's.

Storylines can definitely be built as a season progresses as far as who beats who, upsets etc. I really wish I could figure out how to use my webcam to record games. I'd much rather watch cutups of great league games than any ol' TV! (Except maybe the Steelers or Gophers! )
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I know, man. It's very cool. I'm finding myself immersed to the point where I'm just a little ashamed . I've finished half my games, so I'm going to write a mid-season blog and post in the Arena, and probably again in the league thread.

I can't wait to see if I can put the ball in the endzone against you. You're definitely one of the best players I've faced, and I have a feeling that for our next several meetings I'm just going to be taking notes and trying to figure out how to play catch-up.

And I don't want you having Marino next season--I've got a personal vendetta!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Nice to see APF getting some love. I'm playing in my first league, and heck, really just started playing online a few weeks ago and am having a blast. I'm losing more than I'm winning, but it's still fun when you play against people that play a true sim style.

The only thing that hurts the game right now is that the online community is made up of a lot of cheesers, so if you don't know a lot of people that play online, you're going to get stuck in a bunch of crappy lobby games, and that can ruin your experience.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34
APF can make you pull your hair out, no doubt, but there is a reason why I keep on playing, and playing, and playing. I dont play college football anymore, I havent played Madden in about 2 months.

In addition, I dont see all that many people on my friends list playing them games either.

A yr+ and I'm still playing in good competitive leagues, and using all types of players and team builds.

All of the leagues offer good games, and competion, because frankly, the only people who are really active these days are the diehards, and all of them are varying levels of "good". This game hasnt gotten old by a long shot.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #21
MVP

Jonesey's Arena

OVR: 18
I will be honest. I've never played more than the demo of APF2k8 but I think that will be the next game that I purchase provided I can get into an online league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 34
I also hope that 2k takes note, and doesnt give up the effort to make another football.

Show some creativity and initiative 2k. You have the superior animations, and the better handson gameplay IMO.

Build on this game, tighten up the odds and ends, add greater depth and this game will sell.

If there is a market for blitz, there HAS to be a market for this.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #23
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Great article. The madden league that I am in is organized and run smoothly. But this seems intense to the nth degree. Maddens' gameplay bores the hell out of me. I wish more people played All Pro so that it finding a competent well run league wouldn't be akin to finding a needle in a haystack.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
Due to this article.......

I am repurchasing the game at lunch ($9.99 USED!!!!) and am going to try and start or get into a good league

Last edited by cpannkuk; 11-12-2008 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »