Home

The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

This is a discussion on The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Due to this article.......

Where the hell are all you guys at when I'm looking in the lobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I'm never in the lobbies is because 2K has separate lobbies for leagues, and league games are all I play these days.

I can't even remember the last time I played a regular lobby game. It's probably been close to a year.

But because the leagues are so active, I still manage to play about three or four games a week, and they are usually all great experiences.

I gave up on lobby games once I realized that most of the lobby players are cheesers and/or poor sports. They stick to the lobbies because none of the leagues will ever accept them.

To find the good games these days, you really need to either be in a league or be playing against some friends.

I think we've reached a point in the game's life-cycle where the leagues may actually be more active than "normal" lobbies because the guys who are still playing the game are in it for the "simulation" football experience, not just to boost the ranking next to their gamertag at any cost necessary.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-12-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #27
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The King of Gameplay and Ruler of the Online Domain

Shallow single player experience and it also has issues in single player a lot of people fail to discuss. As an online game it is stellar there is nothing that comes close, but not everyone plays online. A fact I think learned by 2K since this game tanked so fast because of the lack of Single player longevity.

I know that's not the popular thing to say in this thread but that's how I feel. I'd rather play 2K5 even though graphically it is really showing it's age.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3
As an owner of 2 copies of 2K5, I have ONE question...How can I get into this league when I get back from buying 2K8, yet again?? In...2 minutes. LOL No, really...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsGM2B
As an owner of 2 copies of 2K5, I have ONE question...How can I get into this league when I get back from buying 2K8, yet again?? In...2 minutes. LOL No, really...
Friend me--Tommy Trojan 42. We can play any time you like.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2
New Leagues????

Just purchased at lunch for $9.99 due to the article I read and was wondering other than that unbelievable league I read about that I'm sure never has openings, is there ever any other leagues that open up that would consider a noob like me??
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 41

Here is post I made a while ago. We will always give noobs a shot as long as the go by the Rules of the league. Here is the post........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapalac
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapalac
Trying to find those that prefer outsmarting their opponent rather than running hurry up offense and the same 3 plays with a 5 CAP HB/WR.

I don't care bout W/L record - just want to have an enjoyable game that at the end, even in a LOSS, you know that you just got out smarted with play calling - not BS. Let them go play BLITZ 8O

Let the flames begin
They reside in online leagues where SIM rules are a way of life in the league. Sure you are going to find some unsim players slip through the cracks but for the most part in all the leagues I run it is pretty much the same bunch of SIM players with some newbies sprinkled in. If you want a SIM experience than join one of our leagues.
OK... I'll bite - how do I join?
Simple look for the next thread posting about sign ups. There are plenty of league to choose from but most of them are located at www.2ksports.com in the APF league forums. Here are a few for you to think about.

NFLP ran by FLAxWLESS - This is a progression league that is just like having a franchise mode. Players are graded on there season and if they don't make the bench mark to be in a certain tier than they lose that tier. Example.... If you have the Jaguars and you make Fred Taylor a Gold RB than he has to hit the stats set fourth for a Gold RB or be dropped down to a silver. There are trades, Rookie drafts, FA pickups. Very complex but very much like the franchise mode this game doesn't have.

NFL 2K8 ran by amid/tjspeaks - This league is the most lenient on player tiers but is very strict on playing all 16 games of your season. You pick any NFL team that is available and you can use anyone on that team anywhere you would want them to be. If you want to make a backup QB on that team your Gold QB than you can. Gold players are limited to 3 attributes only even if you have unlocked the 5 attribute golds.

CFL ran by Brownster14 - This is a College football league with all the trimmings. Preseason polls, Heisman Award along with all other awards, Post season rankings to determine who gets into the Bowl games. This is your college football game in a pro game. Very fun league.

Dynasty Legends ran by NFLHITMAN - This is a draft league with the legends the game came with along with the legends they didn't come with using my CAP list. You will get a an email letting you know what spot you landed in the draft. the draft is serpentine draft order where the 1st guy in a round would be last in the next round. You can draft a Lawrence Taylor, Jim Brown or the players this game came with. We are currently in season 9 with season 10 coming soon. All the legends in my CAP list all have predetermined attributes listed for them along with there height, weight, college, B-Day. If you draft a Lawrence Taylor than you would have to make him the height, weight, and attributes that was listed for him in my CAP list.

DOOMS DAY DEFENSE ran by NFLHITMAN - This league is based on the Defensive side of the ball. You have to have 6 players as defensive players and all your Gold and Silver tier players have to be Defensive players. You can have more than 6 on defense but you must have at least 6. You can use any player the game came with or players from my CAP list. If you like defense than this league is for you.

Americas Game ran by NFLHITMAN - This league is based solely on any team that has made it to the Superbowl. They didn't have to win but they had to play in the Big Game. This is where you will see the 1965 Green Bay Packers play the 1995 Dallas Cowboys. You use the legends that came with the game than you create the rest of the pl,ayers you need to complete the Superbowl team you are using. Inspired by NFL Network's on going show Americas Game.

All the league are Simulation leagues with strict rules for SIM play. If your someone who will use every trick in the book to win than these leagues won't work for you. If your someone who wants a NFL type of feel than these leagues are for you. Here are the links to those threads to each league along with my league rules and CAP list for you to look at.

SIM rules link -- http://online.2ksports.com/league/ne...l=32555&n=1915

CAP list link -- http://online.2ksports.com/league/ne...l=32555&n=1915

NFL 2K8 link -- http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191868

NFLP link -- http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192641

Americas Game link -- http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186512

DDD link -- http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191460

Dynasty Legends link -- http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185631

CFL link -- http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/mo...ewtopic&t=2460

If you are interested in joining one of these SIM league than send a message to the admin's of those leagues or post in those thread your Feedback and Gamertag so we can send you a message for the next opening.

My 360 Gamertag is NFLHITMAN so send me a friends request with a message fo what you want and I will look forward to adding you to my leagues when an opening or a new season is coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32
APF is the best playing, deepest, and best looking football game ever and 2nd place is miles away. I made this statement on day one and 18 months later it is still true.

I also called this game the football version of Virtua Fighter. On the surface the game look simple but the more you play the deeper the game play. APF is a x' and o's gamer dream.

Thanks for the great article.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »