Home

I suck at Football Videogames...HELP

This is a discussion on I suck at Football Videogames...HELP within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled
What Are Your Thoughts on Madden's Franchise Mode as We Head Towards Madden 24?
When Do You Get 'Rosteritis' in Your Franchise Mode?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
I suck at Football Videogames...HELP

I suck at football video games.

yes i like football, but for some reason i just suck A** at football video games... in basektball games or baseball i always do fairly well.

I do not know how to call plays in football, what play to call on what situation, on either offense or defense...
I dont know what difference it makes to have a superirior DE vs a weak one, because (in any game) if i get close to the QB it doesnt matter really...

It frustrates me too because Football video games are fun...but i suck sooooo bad it makes it not fun when im getting smashed by the computer by 35+ points.

Please help :

I want to buy APF2k8 again, but i feel like i need a Football 101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I suck at Football Videogames...HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW

yes i like football, but for some reason i just suck A** at football video games... in basektball games or baseball i always do fairly well.

I do not know how to call plays in football, what play to call on what situation, on either offense or defense...
I dont know what difference it makes to have a superirior DE vs a weak one, because (in any game) if i get close to the QB it doesnt matter really...

It frustrates me too because Football video games are fun...but i suck sooooo bad it makes it not fun when im getting smashed by the computer by 35+ points.

Please help :

I'm confused here, do you just want to play All Pro Football better or just wanna know all the normal football tactics better since you do not watch enough football?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

both
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

One place to start would be to set up some mic games with good APF players who can see what you've got and tutor you as you go. If you have a mic, I have a new team I'm trying out and would be up for playing and discussing playcalling, etc.

You should also look up all posts by tombsong, LBzrule, and a couple other really knowledgeable folks about how the game is played to get your bearings.

But I think learning as you play is good, 'cause like any video game, there's what works in reality and what works in the game. APF gets as close to marrying the two as I've ever seen, but it's still a game and you need to know how it works to do well.

My tag is Tommy Trojan 42; friend me and hit me up any time if you want to get a game in.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

good stuff TMAN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

if you play madden...apf2k8 is a much different more realistic experience.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW

Please help :

Dont know if this will help but I follow a basic rule.
4-3 Defense against the run
Nickel if you want to blitz
Dime against the pass.

I usually play Defense as a lineman. I let the secondary and linebackers do their thing.

I lost one game on APF2k8 playing on Pro (I think it was pro) and I am 45-17-1 on Madden 08. Havent played much Madden 09 yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »