Home

I'm looking to get started in APF...need some pointers Vets!

This is a discussion on I'm looking to get started in APF...need some pointers Vets! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I'm looking to get started in APF...need some pointers Vets!

Get ready to get pwned online, everyone still playing is usually damn good, and not always cheeze good.

I used to win like 75% of my games before i took a break. i came back after trying out madden this year (huge mistake) and Im having a tough time going .500, the offense's of some people are very hard to stop, they just pick u apart.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

whats a coverage shell
Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Hold the right bumper, then flick the L-stick in up for a cover 2 shell, down for cover 1, left to roll left, and right to roll right. It just helps disguise your coverage a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

First big adjustment on offense is getting over the fact you cannot chuck the ball to a WR and think its going to go to the WR. You have to pay attention to the WRs body language and wait till he has made his cut. That coupled with how well your QB throws is gonna determine how successful your pass is. The QBs in the game do NOT all play the same ....to the point some QBs cant throw a decent pass if dlinemen are even NEAR them when throwing the ball(cant handle the pressure)

Learn the Oline pass protections(They WILL matter when you face the more savy defensive opponents)

KNOW what types of players you pick strenghts and weaknesses.
Example: LB's that have no pass rush type of attributes are NOT gonna get you any sacks or apply much pressure if you send them on a blitz. You can manually make them better but you now have to concentrate on that at the expense of your pass coverage.

As others have said get real familiar with how the players move. On offense you wont have much of a problem, but on defense there is a learning curve. The players do not change direction on a dime like they do in madden. There is some momentum you have to get used to dealing with. You gotta know how to nudge the stick instead of going full throttle.

Those Dline stunts matter. Learn what they do.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Learn the Oline pass protections(They WILL matter when you face the more savy defensive opponents)
Can you expand, Tomb? I still haven't figured these out in terms of understanding just who each of my linemen will try to block if I call one of these.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

Trojan go into practice mode and slide your protections around. You'll see where your guys go. On the slides left or right I think the goal is to double the DE on the side you slid to and leave the backside DT and DE single blocked. Slide protection mixed with a RB to help blocking can even things out.

I've been playing with a 1995 steelers team for "americas game" and I needed to learn how to ball with generics
Old 11-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Trojan go into practice mode and slide your protections around. You'll see where your guys go. On the slides left or right I think the goal is to double the DE on the side you slid to and leave the backside DT and DE single blocked. Slide protection mixed with a RB to help blocking can even things out.

I've been playing with a 1995 steelers team for "americas game" and I needed to learn how to ball with generics
Will do.

Re: the generics, it definitely opens up your game when you learn how to make things work with them. You're good with the RBs, but working with WR is a little tougher. They have to have the right spacing. I really like rolling with a generic QB, though. I feel like I can hang in with one so long as I don't ask them to do too much.

Good luck in the other league!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

How do you flip run plays without flipping the whole formation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »