Home

2K...Make this Football game and you're set...

This is a discussion on 2K...Make this Football game and you're set... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #9
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2K...Make this Football game and you're set...

If they use 2kshare like NBA 2k9, but allow people to easily D/L rosters the game would be much easier to sell as lazy people wouldn't have to work much to get correct rosters.

God it would be sick.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now that, thanks to EA Sports, there are no graphic football games available on the PC if 2k sports released a genaric, yet customizable, version of All Pro on that platform it would sell very well. Even if Madden does find it's way back to the PC next year with all the anger that still exists towards EA Sports in the PC football community 2k would trounce Madden. Hopefully, since 2k finally released their NBA game on the PC anything is possible.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

I have a strange feeling, though, that 2k would get into a legal battle if they did. I mean, it's pretty clear that the intention of doing this is to allow people to recreate the NFL to get around the EA's exclusive contract. I mean - how many of you people aren't actually thinking of this mostly in terms of being able to create the NFL?

I can't say I know much about law, but this is just something that I really see happening if any such thing came up. I don't see EA taking it laying down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Unfortunately I think that VC has their hands full with Hockey and baseball now(on top of NBA2k)

They might make another All-Pro, but if they do(and I am recommending they do this anyways), they won't be able to get it out til earky 2010.....

Hope they do it though.

They should 'trade' their baseball rights to EA in exchange for the oppurtunity to ALSO make an NCAA football game.

A 2k fan had this idea at 2k Sports Forums.Sounds good to me.2k football fans can get their fix, and EA fans could still get their NCAA game too.

It would be a smart move on both companies part, and would nearly end the war.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I have a strange feeling, though, that 2k would get into a legal battle if they did. I mean, it's pretty clear that the intention of doing this is to allow people to recreate the NFL to get around the EA's exclusive contract. I mean - how many of you people aren't actually thinking of this mostly in terms of being able to create the NFL?

I can't say I know much about law, but this is just something that I really see happening if any such thing came up. I don't see EA taking it laying down.
Game developers can't be held accountable for user-generated content.

That precedent was set in the failed court case that Marvel tried to make against EA's "City of Heroes" game where users were basically making copies of Marvel characters and using them in EA's non-licensed game.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

I like the idea of just calling it 2K Football. I'm not so sure that it would take as much work as you think to include the editing tools the devs already use to construct the game. Online file sharing would be a huge assist too.

I've said it about a million times, but there's no need for the Pros because they cost a lot and can be easily replicated by modders if that is what someone wants. Most people would just edit current players in each year or say to heck with it and let their own generic league develop.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think a CFL game would be the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

curious..did 2k8 make as much or more then the boxing or power pro's? Surely the game would sell as much as 2k8 or more? They still hold the rights to "Links" but that just depresses me more. :-(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »