Home

Gold players = better blocking?

This is a discussion on Gold players = better blocking? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Gold players = better blocking?

I've noticed for a year now Gold players get better blocking than any other level. It makes using picks on the Defensive line useless to get penetration against gold QB's and RB's at times.

Seems like your better off picking LB's, Safeties and corners when facing a gold back or quaterback.

Anyone else notice this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Gold players = better blocking?

this is very true. otto in the middle = 20 yards up the gut with natrone means for me. anyone have any leagues open on allpro 2k8
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

I think the big difference is the talent of the gold player. Gold QB's have much quicker releases making it harder for them to sack. Gold RB's beak more tackles and are faster through the hole. Gold WR's run faster routes.... you get the idea. If the gold player has leadership then blocking may be improved, otherwise I'd have to disagree.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I think the big difference is the talent of the gold player. Gold QB's have much quicker releases making it harder for them to sack. Gold RB's beak more tackles and are faster through the hole. Gold WR's run faster routes.... you get the idea. If the gold player has leadership then blocking may be improved, otherwise I'd have to disagree.
I think yall misunderstood my post. What I am saying is that a Gold RB and a Gold QB get better blocking than a bronze QB and a Bronze RB no matter what.

For example for a long time I used Ottis Anderson and Meggett together with a generic O-line. Ottis would get huge wholes to run through without having to break any tackles while Meggett routinely would never get the same wholes Anderson would get. I had to break tackles with Megget while Anderson would get huge running lanes do to the generics blocking better.

I've noticed this with bronze QB's when I have a stacked D-line and the other player has no tiered O-line, I get tremendous pressure. When it is a gold QB back there with a generic O-line there is almost no pressure at times, literally none!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
MVP

Nope I didn't misunderstand it. I think it has to do with the abilities of the gold player, not the surrounding players improving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Nope I didn't misunderstand it. I think it has to do with the abilities of the gold player, not the surrounding players improving.
But the gold player has not done anything, the blocking is soo good when I use gold (QB, RB) with a generic oline rather than a bronze and generic oline that it makes using picks on an oline worthless if you use a gold (QB RB) backfield . I'm not looking at the results of the play but the line itself and the blocking. The Dline man get no penetration against the oline even with legends.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
MVP

What I'm saying is I think you PERCEIVE the generic Oline blocking better because of the things you take for granted with a gold player, such as a lightning fast release, or insane acceleration. In my opinion the holes are open for the same amount of time, its just the Gold back gets through them more often because he gets through so much faster. And with the QB's being untouched, I think their release and timing is just that much better than other levels.

I'd have to disagree about DL getting no pressure against golds. I just got out of a game against a gold 5 ability CAP (which included leadership) where my gold DE Deacon Jones pressured him multiple times during the game. (I won)
Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I used to think this as well, but I think the difference is in relative ability. With a bronze back, I need my lineman to hit their assignments more consistently and to stay with them longer. With the upper tiers, I can outrun mistakes, juke or run through defenders, and am much more explosive through the hole.

If you have a gold back, you almost don't need legend lineman, but if you don't, it's a pretty good idea to have one or two so you can get some consistency up front.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »