Home

All-Pro Football 2k9???

This is a discussion on All-Pro Football 2k9??? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: All-Pro Football 2k9???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Why make a CFL game? They would be better off just throwing their money directly into a furnace.
I agree and I'm Canadian. Mason81 is obviously a big CFL fan and it is bigger in some Western provinces. But don't kid yourself, it takes a HUGE back seat to hockey. I doubt a CFL game would even sell 25,000 copies in Canada at a normal price.

The best bet to make a football game is to make a pseudo NFL game that is fully customizable with a true franchise mode. Don't pay for legends and pass on the savings to the customer with a cheaper game. That's the only way I'd buy another 2K football game.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Lol. Man, Bobby will be happy to be getting a paycheck anyway he can. I don't know about him being on your coaching staff, but he'll take out the trash and fill up the gatorade better than anybody else at your facility.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree and I'm Canadian. Mason81 is obviously a big CFL fan and it is bigger in some Western provinces. But don't kid yourself, it takes a HUGE back seat to hockey. I doubt a CFL game would even sell 25,000 copies in Canada at a normal price.

The best bet to make a football game is to make a pseudo NFL game that is fully customizable with a true franchise mode. Don't pay for legends and pass on the savings to the customer with a cheaper game. That's the only way I'd buy another 2K football game.
I'm not stupid I know the only way it COULD MAYBE be possible is if the CFL went TO 2K and payed them to make it.... Plus I have to stand up to NFL fans who know **** all about it and say stuff, Its the brand I play and enjoy. Besides I talked with Trojan for a long time and came to the same conclusion that, if it did happen it would be sold for $29.99, Franchise with expansion teams, CFL gives 2K money to make it, marketed really well(as we all know 2K, this wouldn't happen), and it would have had to be made in 2006 to catch the 2K guys before the jump to Madden who would buy it because its not Madden.

But anyway I love the Legends idea but if Franchise is so important then I can't think of a way to keep them and have a full fledged franchise mode. If any of you played Blitz then you know how they gave certain players personalitys such as Ron Mexico (Mike Vick), Quentin Sands (LT), and Bruno Battaglia (Bill Romanowski) then Generic's would not be "Generic" in a sense it would give them a feeling of being real and not made up fake NFL players.

Example:

Jason Williams
5'11 185
Corner Back
Speed Burner, Coverage Bonus, Hops

Bio: Jason "Willy" Williams is one of the top Corners in the [Insert League Name Here], Boasting a blazing fast 4.37 Forty time and a 37' Vertical. Despite William's small stature he acts like a giant on the field always getting into it with other players and coaches, this 3 time All Star has been Suspended at least 7 times in his 4 year career which has hurt his chances at once again becoming a true MVP for his team.

So if they did something like that for the generics and still let us edit them then that would give them a sense of reality, and give us a bit of background info. (Clearly my story skills are not very good but you get my drift)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

I don't think a full fledged franchise mode is necessary as much as a multi-season mode of some sort. If it was legend based I'd say have it so that after 1 season, X amount of players are released from your team and then there's a draft of the available players, kind of like you were running a fantasy draft in other football games, but the records from the previous season determined the draft position. It would mix up the legends each season and allow you to strive for creating a dynasty. I think trading players could also be available, with the following season's draft picks also tradeable. It's just a thought, as I do agree that a standard franchise mode just wouldn't work with the core of this game.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

A Standard Franchise mode would work just fine, and perfectly fit IMO. Theres no need for some stupid back story to a League, thats just an Organization.

This game is based on Legends, so why not have it a New Legend Mode. Simply a new football league has started, and there you have a multi year franchise mode.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
A Standard Franchise mode would work just fine, and perfectly fit IMO. Theres no need for some stupid back story to a League, thats just an Organization.

This game is based on Legends, so why not have it a New Legend Mode. Simply a new football league has started, and there you have a multi year franchise mode.
Heres what people think when you say Franchise:

• Player Progression
  • Players Retire,Holdout,Injured,Traded, etc
  • GM Abilitys (Hire and Fire Coaching Staff)
  • A Draft
Now Tell me how you think bullets 1,2,4 would work? Would the Legends Age? Would they have contracts, if so if there a salary cap?, Would stubborn players hold out?, Is there a FA period?, How do you do trades? Gold for Gold, Silver for Silver etc, What do you draft Generics? Do Generics age?

Instead of saying "Oh a Franchise would work" maybe, tell us how its going to work because not many others have figured out how it could stay with Legends (some very very old) and have your "Madden" Like Franchise mode.. Lets hear it!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #39
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason81Ballin!!!
Heres what people think when you say Franchise:

• Player Progression
  • Players Retire,Holdout,Injured,Traded, etc
  • GM Abilitys (Hire and Fire Coaching Staff)
  • A Draft
Now Tell me how you think bullets 1,2,4 would work? Would the Legends Age? Would they have contracts, if so if there a salary cap?, Would stubborn players hold out?, Is there a FA period?, How do you do trades? Gold for Gold, Silver for Silver etc, What do you draft Generics? Do Generics age?

Instead of saying "Oh a Franchise would work" maybe, tell us how its going to work because not many others have figured out how it could stay with Legends (some very very old) and have your "Madden" Like Franchise mode.. Lets hear it!
Good questions Mason but I think the answer is simply creativity. Here is my version of what the next intallment of this game should be.

* Legends- We need more. So get as many on board as possible and stick them in the game. They do not get older and they do not ever retire. They however can be injured and you may lose one up to a year depending on the injury. Time does not exist to the legends in this league. They are hired hitman, Immortals in the game.

* The League Format- Set it up just as the NFL is set up.

* The Teams- Make the game custimizable just as it is now except give us more options for logos, player accessories, and stadium options.

* Generic Players- Starting off with as many as they need to fill teams after the legends are added to the teams. The rest of them can go into the "pool".

*Here is how this could work-

* Player progression- only the generics can progress and regress. They age, retire, get injured just as any player would in any franchise mode. Some generics if their career is good enough can become imortalized as a legend in the franchise if it were made to never end. Out with the 30 year rule!

* Salary Cap- yes there is a salary cap. You will only have a certain amount of money to sign generics and legends. Legends want more of course, but you have to make sure you budget so you can sign the generics that you will need to fill a team.

* Generics Contract-The generics will vary depending on skill set and of course when there contract is up they will be demand more depending on what kind of career they are having.

* Legends Contract- A legend may only be signed for a max of one year. The legends salary is based on what level of star they are. Gold, silver, and bronze and those salaries are set. As generics demand more you will have to decide on how much Legend you can afford cause there will only be room for so much.

* The Draft- Every year generics will retire to make room for the rookie class. Hold a draft in the off-season just as the NFL would. You could scout players to get a feel for who is a top rounder and who is a project player.

* GM's and Staff- Users are the active GM's and it will be up to you to hire the correct coaches. There will be a pool of them to pick from and a big variety of skills that they posess. You choose a HC, OC, DC and they all will affect the generic players in different ways depending on their coaching skills.

* My vision- Well I envision a franchise where generics run through there carreer in a completely ficticious and custimizable league. The league is littered with Legends for hire to help take your team to the top. You will have to be an amazing GM to keep your team at the top with the amount of talent in this league.

That would be my idea how a franchise could work with legends.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:46 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Good questions Mason but I think the answer is simply creativity. Here is my version of what the next intallment of this game should be.

* Legends- We need more. So get as many on board as possible and stick them in the game. They do not get older and they do not ever retire. They however can be injured and you may lose one up to a year depending on the injury. Time does not exist to the legends in this league. They are hired hitman, Immortals in the game.

* The League Format- Set it up just as the NFL is set up.
Agreed

* The Teams- Make the game custimizable just as it is now except give us more options for logos, player accessories, and stadium options.
Agreed

* Generic Players- Starting off with as many as they need to fill teams after the legends are added to the teams. The rest of them can go into the "pool".
As long as we can edit them all then I agree

*Here is how this could work-

* Player progression- only the generics can progress and regress. They age, retire, get injured just as any player would in any franchise mode. Some generics if their career is good enough can become immortalized as a legend in the franchise if it were made to never end. Out with the 30 year rule!
Makes Sense, and again as long as we can edit them

* Salary Cap- yes there is a salary cap. You will only have a certain amount of money to sign generics and legends. Legends want more of course, but you have to make sure you budget so you can sign the generics that you will need to fill a team.
Again makes sense

* Generics Contract-The generics will vary depending on skill set and of course when there contract is up they will be demand more depending on what kind of career they are having.
Do they have ability's like the legends? or maybe the grade system like NBA 2K9 has done to rate talent in key areas? QB: A Throw Acc B+ Throw Power and C- Awareness

* Legends Contract- A legend may only be signed for a max of one year. The legends salary is based on what level of star they are. Gold, silver, and bronze and those salaries are set. As generics demand more you will have to decide on how much Legend you can afford cause there will only be room for so much.
So can we sign maybe 6 golds and try and win with generics or will the teir system stay more or less the same?

* The Draft- Every year generics will retire to make room for the rookie class. Hold a draft in the off-season just as the NFL would. You could scout players to get a feel for who is a top rounder and who is a project player.
Draft of generics only, sounds good

* GM's and Staff- Users are the active GM's and it will be up to you to hire the correct coaches. There will be a pool of them to pick from and a big variety of skills that they posess. You choose a HC, OC, DC and they all will affect the generic players in different ways depending on their coaching skills.
If they let us make our own coaches that would be awesome

* My vision- Well I envision a franchise where generics run through there carreer in a completely ficticious and custimizable league. The league is littered with Legends for hire to help take your team to the top. You will have to be an amazing GM to keep your team at the top with the amount of talent in this league.

That would be my idea how a franchise could work with legends.
Good Ideas man, A Franchise could work this way and I like your ideas.. I'm glad someone finally put up some ideas to back the franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »