Home

Testing the Water with All-Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on Testing the Water with All-Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Testing the Water with All-Pro Football 2K8

I do agree the game has some fundamental defensive problems and it is annoying.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-29-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

you forget to mention his 4 legend dlineman doing absolutely nothing. Truth is, defense picks are a waste because they offer no significant impact. WHoever scores the most wins. 1 gold rb can rape 11 defensive legends.

Football videogames by default will always benefit the offense because you can see the entire field. Knowing this, developers should make their game to help curb this. Problem is people who complain about how hard the game is when it's their own issues with the game.

Last edited by dunelly; 12-29-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
you forget to mention his 4 legend dlineman doing absolutely nothing. Truth is, defense picks are a waste because they offer no significant impact. WHoever scores the most wins. 1 gold rb can rape 11 defensive legends.
I like the game but it does have a sorta Madden feel to it with things like the 32 defense and dime and nickel being the best defenses.

The coverage is a very big problem. Even though I run some man coverage I hate it because the DB's are too quirky. Instead of playing the man they run the route backwards. So they turn their back and lose the WR. When the WR makes a cut in or out it's too late you are way out of position. Then on top of that to tackle terribly, ehhhh LOL.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Other things that drive me up the wall, defenders that have a clear shot at the QB and they run right by him. Also when two defenders have the offensive tackle on an island why doesn't one of them cut under into that lane. Instead both of them try to take the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle. Runs the blood pressure up LOL.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Football videogames by default will always benefit the offense because you can see the entire field. Knowing this, developers should make their game to help curb this. Problem is people who complain about how hard the game is when it's their own issues with the game.

I do not agree with a few of your statements. Defensive legends do offer a significant impact. Although I agree that some are not as good as they should be, try playing without them.

If you used a gold RB, and he dominated 11 legends on defense, you might want to stop playing that person. He obviously has no idea how to play the game.

I agree that there should be a different camera angle/view for playing defense. If the camera angle was behind the defense looking toward the offense, playing defense would be easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

legend defenders don't really play differently. Their inherent defensive ai is the same. only different is how fast their speed,reaction, chance of making the tackle.
this would be good if their default AI was good.
I exaggerated a little as most people don't pick 11 defenders. But I have played teams with 7-8 legend defenders and it makes little difference because offense is so overpowered. As to who i played, i used to play hundreds of people online and the results were the same. People who offered the most difficulties usually stack the offense.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #47
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
legend defenders don't really play differently. Their inherent defensive ai is the same. only different is how fast their speed,reaction, chance of making the tackle.
this would be good if their default AI was good.
I exaggerated a little as most people don't pick 11 defenders. But I have played teams with 7-8 legend defenders and it makes little difference because offense is so overpowered. As to who i played, i used to play hundreds of people online and the results were the same. People who offered the most difficulties usually stack the offense.
I agree with this statement. It is much more difficult to stop a stacked offense then it is to score on a stacked defense.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

I used to think that until recently. I been playing alot online and i found a way to limit scores. I played one of the biggest cheesers in APW history the other day and the final score was 21-13. I fubared a extra point. It was a close game. Its all about learning how to manually control a defensive player. I still ahve the occasional shoot out when everything just goes wrong, but i have a team where i can play a damned fine game of defense.

IF someone doesnt beleive me on this my gamer tag is kcxiv and me and you can play and i will show anyone of you. I dont care what the make up of your team is. I am not saying i am the best or anything, but i think i can do pretty damn well.

Game has a few problems no doubt, few annoying things that both offense and defense have, but if your good and know what you are doing on d you can have a hell of a defense. Still the best playing football game to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »