Home

I'm sick of the 3-2 Need Help Please

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the 3-2 Need Help Please within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
I'm sick of the 3-2 Need Help Please

I've just about had it with every PS3 player moving to the 3-2 defense. I want to fight back.

1. I really need some playcalling ideas because I'm perplexed that nothing seems to work.

2. I'm building a 3-2 team myself so I can hopefully give these guys a taste of their medicine. I'll give you my defensive personnel and am begging you to please help me place them in the 3-2 defense

Wilcox and Lloyd
Cliff Harris and Joey Browner
Lewis and Mcdaniel

Something these guys are doing makes it feel like nothing is open. And, they don't always play the safeties at safety. They seem to put them up in the slot CB position.

Anyway, please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: I'm sick of the 3-2 Need Help Please

Lol, I remember facing wreck1wreckall, who did that all the time. I'm done bitching about what people do, but I remember that formation and personnel grouping bugging the hell out of me.

The problem is that with Lott and Browner at the inside slot position, the plays that normally should work versus that defense (iso runs) get shut down. And with guys like that in the slot, you're definitely not getting outside with tosses, etc. And of course passing is a bear.

You might have to create a team with some pretty good blockers and run stretch plays, a few counters, and a power-o or two. If you can do that and pound that defense for yardage, you might have a chance to force the opponent to come into a regular defense.

The other option would be to just remember who plays the whole game that way and not play them . That's what I wound up doing.

And lastly, you can just get a 360 and play all the OSers in the Armchair Quarterbacks league!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
MVP

slthree's Arena

Troj, I would so love to get a 360 and play with a better class of man but I just had my 3rd daughter and she's darn expensive. My wife would kill me.

So, there's little hope of running on that grouping. What about passing? Where are the holes? My personnel is Maynard and Clark at WR, Metz and Green at TE, Okoye at HB

Also, if I placed Harris and Browner in the slots, would I use Lewis and Mcdaniel at safety or stay with generics at safety and keep Lewis and Mcdaniel at the wide corners?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Remember that 3-2 defense is still just 5 men in the box. It's basically Dime defense, so up the gut plays should be good. I would run a 4 wide set with Metzalaars and Green out wide, and you receivers at slot. Keep in mind......no safety in the game can matchup with a WR man to man.

If they play zone, it's a little tougher but it's still beatable if you read your coverages.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

3-2 is definitely beatable and when you beat it, they'll be wondering what went wrong...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Remember that 3-2 defense is still just 5 men in the box. It's basically Dime defense, so up the gut plays should be good. I would run a 4 wide set with Metzalaars and Green out wide, and you receivers at slot. Keep in mind......no safety in the game can matchup with a WR man to man.

If they play zone, it's a little tougher but it's still beatable if you read your coverages.
Brilliant, I will definitely try this.

Thank you
Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
3-2 is definitely beatable and when you beat it, they'll be wondering what went wrong...
help me beat dash, please. What would you run?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Lots of good information posted... only 5 men in the box. You can also flood a zone, run short crossing routes, while clearing out the with a Go, etc..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »