Home

Thoughts on Manual Blitzes?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Manual Blitzes? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Thoughts on Manual Blitzes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
its cheese & has been cheese ala the manley manual rushers who just charge up and bull rush your lineman for instant pressure as they get pushed out of the way.
IF i could control an olineman and charge up myself to counter your charge then it would be sim.
being that youll ALWAYS go against the ai = its cheese
I don't know who designated you the sim god, but I think that with a rep of 96% I can speak to this. You're wrong, imo. I've used and seen Manley plenty. He can be a beast, just like he was in real life, but he's not a lock to beat the T every time, and you can nearly eliminate him with Boselli or Stringer. A silver or a gold with Brick Wall, and he's a non-issue. People of your ilk also complain about twists. I've run these a good bit with Manley and other ends, and I'd say I'm about 25% at getting serious heat with them. Nothing cheese about that--irl the twist is used to confuse lineman, and it's the same in the game. Sometimes they get confused, sometimes they don't.

As Pappy and Creatine said, it's not 2k5, and the same rules don't apply.

But hey, it's just one man's opinion; I'm not god.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Just because someone beats an OL doesn't mean they sack you, either. I mean get some skills on the QB and run around a bit! If I see a DE take an inside move, I'll roll out to his contain side and have all day to throw, even if he beats my tackle.

Pass rushing is not the threat some of these people make it out to be. I've played my fair share of games against top 50 players and how come nobody does this consistently? BECAUSE IT ISN'T THAT EFFECTIVE! Many will argue good stick skills are best spent in the secondary. I think there's a place for manual rushes.

People should not be complaining about the defense in this game, if anything. All the fades, outs, loaded Gold offensive players are far more of an issue than some guy trying to get a sack with a bronze DE. Come on now
Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
its cheese & has been cheese ala the manley manual rushers who just charge up and bull rush your lineman for instant pressure as they get pushed out of the way.
IF i could control an olineman and charge up myself to counter your charge then it would be sim.
being that youll ALWAYS go against the ai = its cheese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I don't know who designated you the sim god, but I think that with a rep of 96% I can speak to this. You're wrong, imo. I've used and seen Manley plenty. He can be a beast, just like he was in real life, but he's not a lock to beat the T every time, and you can nearly eliminate him with Boselli or Stringer. A silver or a gold with Brick Wall, and he's a non-issue. People of your ilk also complain about twists. I've run these a good bit with Manley and other ends, and I'd say I'm about 25% at getting serious heat with them. Nothing cheese about that--irl the twist is used to confuse lineman, and it's the same in the game. Sometimes they get confused, sometimes they don't.

As Pappy and Creatine said, it's not 2k5, and the same rules don't apply.

But hey, it's just one man's opinion; I'm not god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Just because someone beats an OL doesn't mean they sack you, either. I mean get some skills on the QB and run around a bit! If I see a DE take an inside move, I'll roll out to his contain side and have all day to throw, even if he beats my tackle.

Pass rushing is not the threat some of these people make it out to be. I've played my fair share of games against top 50 players and how come nobody does this consistently? BECAUSE IT ISN'T THAT EFFECTIVE! Many will argue good stick skills are best spent in the secondary. I think there's a place for manual rushes.

People should not be complaining about the defense in this game, if anything. All the fades, outs, loaded Gold offensive players are far more of an issue than some guy trying to get a sack with a bronze DE. Come on now
Sim Chump = Pwned

Last edited by s38s38s; 01-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The Sim God is one of the most respected names in the All Pro Community. His words should be appreciated and acknowleged as the final say in all things concerning fair play. How dare any of you question him.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

I defer in all matters to Knuckles. All due apologies.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

No disrespect intended but was Pappy being sarcastic???? I don't really know who Sim God is but even if he invented APF his opinion is still an opinion. Like I said no disrespect to anyone but what Pappy said if he was being real was a bit weird, I don't understand how anyone can be the authority on this issue it is an opinion.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 AM   #15
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I have no idea who that dude is lol.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 01-10-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

I got your drift, Pappy, but I still defer to you; being the Commish and having a name like Knuckles demands respect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »