Home

Stopping the Spread Offense

This is a discussion on Stopping the Spread Offense within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Stopping the Spread Offense

Stopping the spread:

Dexter Manley, Reggie White, Elvin Bethea, with Reggie White subbed in the 2nd DT spot.

Razor stunt blitzes, with a cover OLB subbed in the middle, 2 good safeties, and the QB will be chucking and ducking all game.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Stopping the spread:

Dexter Manley, Reggie White, Elvin Bethea, with Reggie White subbed in the 2nd DT spot.

Razor stunt blitzes, with a cover OLB subbed in the middle, 2 good safeties, and the QB will be chucking and ducking all game.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

I tried playing the a Run and Shoot style offense this evening against the CPU and I have to admit it's pretty fun to play with. I had Rice, Rob Moore, Alvin Harper, Rickey Sanders, Ken Stabler and Curt Warner on offense. With Reggie White, Tuggle, Lewis and McDaniel at CB, and Eugene Robinson at FS.

There was one thing I didn't notice until you start playing with the 4 star receivers. When playing against other players, watch out when one or two of their receivers get tired because it's easy to pick dime plays out of habit until one of their receivers gets tired and they sub in a TE or FB. It doesn't work against the CPU because they're good enough to notice, but I could see someone getting lulled to sleep with their defensive package selection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

I attempt to stop the spread with two pass rushing DEs, two Ss, and a gold or silver MLB. I will use bump coverage to mess up timing and keep the safeties over the top for help. The MLB should be for damage control on the run plays, and DE pressure is very important.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Stopping the spread:

You are a genius and my new hero (next to Troj)

I built a team around those 3 d-linemen. I love legend d-linemen.

I added Otis subbed at MLB and
Barmey and Hayes

I have played 5 spread offense teams and have destroyed them all, including 2 quits. Well, they pulled the plug.

Last guy I played, moments ago had this team:

QB: Randall
RB: Thurman Thomas
WR: Lofton, Reed, Herman Moore, Metz

He moved down field pretty well on the 1st drive but was keenly aware of the pressure. I was fortunate to force a FG.

He did not get another 1st down the entire half. Bethea had 3 sacks, White had 1.5 and Manley had 1.5 all in one half. He was so freaked by the pressure that he would throw almost immediately, even when there was no pressure. It was comical. He eventually resorted to flea flicker, no huddle, and cadence cheese on every single play.

He scored a flea flicker when I mistakenly threw my safety on the ground. Then he replays it over and over. That was the last zone he saw all game. I went straight man and picked him 3 times.

Early in the 3rdQ, when it was 24-10 and I was on the goaline about to make it 31 -10 he pulled the plug.

I love facing the spread with this defense and am thinking of replacing Wilson. He's a great bronze backer but he bats too many balls down that he could intercept.

I am also considering switching out my 2 silver corners for 2 silver safeties. Problem is, I like to bring a safety up sometimes in man coverage to add even extra pressure and force quicker throws.

Which 2 silvers should I use at safety? I was thinking Barmey and Anderson. Any suggestions?

Which Bronze LB can hold up the middle, stop the run and get good drops into the deep zone?

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Last edited by slthree; 01-16-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Bravo, slthree! It's amazing how quickly 5 legend receiving targets and a bombs-away quarterback become irrelevant under pressure. I especially love getting to Randall because he's notoriously bad at maintaining his composure. Keep it up!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Just used some strategy from this thread and won 48-18, guy ran no huddle 4 star recivers. Picked him off four times, and to add injury to insult, he got a late hit on a kneel so I was going to pass and kick a fg. Well I make my pass dive and try to call a timeout, only to realize that no one touched me and I got back up and ran it 20 more yards for a td
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Just used some strategy from this thread and won 48-18, guy ran no huddle 4 star recivers. Picked him off four times, and to add injury to insult, he got a late hit on a kneel so I was going to pass and kick a fg. Well I make my pass dive and try to call a timeout, only to realize that no one touched me and I got back up and ran it 20 more yards for a td
LMAO nice!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »