Home

Any word on ALL PRO 2k10???

This is a discussion on Any word on ALL PRO 2k10??? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Any word on ALL PRO 2k10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I sure hope you don't believe this. As much as I pray to the football gods for NFL 2k10. Do you honestly think EA will let go of their cash cow name. MADDEN is a nice size source of their income. From a business perspective that would be insane to dump the name. This is all flase I am sorry to tell you.
Not saying I believe it, just reporting on whats out there.

I thought about it though. Since EA as a whole is losing money just like everyone else does it make sense to pay John Madden money when the game could be marketed as NFL Football? Its still the same game.

Last edited by e0820; 01-20-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Any word on ALL PRO 2k10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Won't happen. 2K/VC doesn't want to risk p*ssing off the NFL as they're hoping to get another crack at the license in the year 2025.
LOL at 2025. So true. The best way to get the license back would be to piss off the NFL. Make a truly generic game that could have full edits, import logos, everything. If the game sells well and the NFL isn't getting any money from it, they would change the license deal in a hurry.

It's all about money with the NFL - whether that's screwing over cable subscribers with Sunday Ticket, whether that's screwing over people who can't get NFL Network, whether that's screwing over the video game player that loved 2K football. They don't care. Whatever they think will make them the most money wins and right now that's having EA pay a ton of money for an exclusive deal. That isn't likely to change. The NFL loves the current deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »