Home

Organizing your playbooks

This is a discussion on Organizing your playbooks within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Organizing your playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Yeah it's pretty handy. Just remember to think of plays in groups of three.

I have it set up so that plays on the left go to the left, center to center, and right to the right... With running plays first, then play action, then passing plays, then screens and draws...

Makes things go a lot quicker if you know where things are.

Formations??? And not the sets within the formations???

Nice. I couldn't find a way, and would have to start over if I wanted to say... Add a set from the Ace formation...

Well, I wouldn't have to... But...
Dissertation, shmissertation--I'm going to go try this now!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 16

ok u go to playbook manager with one of your teams and just a highlight a play, any play it doesn't matter but don't save it.

now hit the b button and go back to where they show your available teams and pick another team and go into there playbook manager.

now the screen should ask u "if u don't save, your stuff will be lost and such" and hit NO. now press start to save and when u go to the second team u pick it should have copy the first team playbook.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
...You can organize fromations...
Just dinked around with it and found a way to organize the formations...

Let's say you have a Shotgun set in your playbook and want to add a set from the Ace formation, but want your Shotgun set to be at the bottom in your playbook...

First add the plays from the Ace set and save... Then go to the Shotgun formation, choose your Shotgun set (with the Triangle button on PS3, or Y button on the 360) and then move it to the bottom of the list of Shotgun sets... Save.

Now your Shotgun set should be at the bottom. If you don't move it down as described, the Ace set you added will be at the bottom.

You can easily check what order your sets are in by checking the Audible section of the Playbook Manager, instead of having to play a game or going into Practice Mode.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 01-22-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
...Let's say you have a Shotgun set in your playbook and want to add a set from the Ace formation, but want your Shotgun set to be at the bottom in your playbook...

First add the plays from the Ace set and save... Then go to the Shotgun formation, choose your Shotgun set (with the Triangle button on PS3, or Y button on the 360) and then move it to the bottom of the list of Shotgun sets... Save...
I should add... After you save, go to the Audible Manager... Because it seems this locks the sets in place... I guess kinda like the way Trojan Man was going about it...

So to organize the formations you have to do them one by one... Moving whichever one you want moved to the bottom and then saving (as described above), and then going to the Audible Manager... Where you'll see the new arrangement... Locked in place.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I used a system very similar to this to organize my playbook. I started out by adding all inside runs, then outside runs, PA passes, screens, rollouts, 50/90 passes, and finally trick plays. I did this the way you described (but I did it first HAHA) and after I had it organized, I moved up the three plays I wanted to use as audibles to the top of the list in each formation with Y, as these are automatically set as the default formation audibles
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Wow, I tinkered with the plays using the Y button, as Koshi suggested, and it worked. I'm so ********, lol. Thanks for helping out, Koshi!

It's so funny, but after a year and a half, reorganizing the playbook has shown me just how much of it I wasn't using. I started digging into that defensive playbook, and had some really great results.

And it is really nice to have the plays in a more logical order.

BTW, Maizeandblue, you can have all the credit for doing it first . I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm not all that bright, lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Just dinked around with it and found a way to organize the formations...

Let's say you have a Shotgun set in your playbook and want to add a set from the Ace formation, but want your Shotgun set to be at the bottom in your playbook...

First add the plays from the Ace set and save... Then go to the Shotgun formation, choose your Shotgun set (with the Triangle button on PS3, or Y button on the 360) and then move it to the bottom of the list of Shotgun sets... Save.

Now your Shotgun set should be at the bottom. If you don't move it down as described, the Ace set you added will be at the bottom.

You can easily check what order your sets are in by checking the Audible section of the Playbook Manager, instead of having to play a game or going into Practice Mode.
Yes this is how I did it, you re-order them around by using the Y button. You can reorder your whole formation sets by just moving formations down on it's group listing while keeping the ones you want at the top, You keep those at the top of it's own grouping.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »