Home

11 legend leadership team

This is a discussion on 11 legend leadership team within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon7 11 legend leadership team

I am going to create, and post if I think the ability stacks up on each other. Has anybody tried this w/ all 11 players w/ leadership? My guess is I will be wasting my time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 11 legend leadership team

Wow, that should be pretty interesting. They'll either be very good or they will constantly butt heads and kill the team chemistry lol.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Wow, that should be pretty interesting. They'll either be very good or they will constantly butt heads and kill the team chemistry lol.
Lol. There's that saying about too many chiefs and not enough Indians--perhaps that applies. What if being a "follower" was an ability? Now that would be something.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: 11 legend leadership team

As expected a waste of time. Team wasn't horrible, but wasn't possessed like the team from the facility either.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

There was some question whether leadership stacks if at all. For instance, it's suspected that leadership doesn't stack within a single position (DL, LB, DB, etc.), but does it stack across an entire unit (i.e. offense, defense, special teams)? Also how much of an effect does it have? I'm sure that the folks at visual concepts probably didn't want an overpowered team if you just packed the team with leaders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my experience, leadership did not stack up. In fact a few times it seemed the more leadership I had, it neutralized otherwise excellent players. They merely played ordinary. I built one team around Ditka Payton Starr and some linemen that either had leadership or other special abilities. In practice mode they were running the ball like the opposition did not exist; but in an actual game their performance was disappointing and ineffective. There was a thread here recently where someone stated that Leadership seems to work best when it comes to influencing generic players. That seems to be the case in my games. A defensive line of Bethea, Donovan, Youngblood and (whoever) was no more effective than a line anchored by Bethea alone. In fact, my DL with Bethea and generics has been wrecking opponents; Bethea himself might not make the play but his anonymous buddies will. A recent game, a generic lineman had three sacks, another guy had two, and Bethea himself had only one. And now, back to testing.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
In my experience, leadership did not stack up. In fact a few times it seemed the more leadership I had, it neutralized otherwise excellent players. They merely played ordinary. I built one team around Ditka Payton Starr and some linemen that either had leadership or other special abilities. In practice mode they were running the ball like the opposition did not exist; but in an actual game their performance was disappointing and ineffective. There was a thread here recently where someone stated that Leadership seems to work best when it comes to influencing generic players. That seems to be the case in my games. A defensive line of Bethea, Donovan, Youngblood and (whoever) was no more effective than a line anchored by Bethea alone. In fact, my DL with Bethea and generics has been wrecking opponents; Bethea himself might not make the play but his anonymous buddies will. A recent game, a generic lineman had three sacks, another guy had two, and Bethea himself had only one. And now, back to testing.
I've noticed this as well. The leadership seems to really help generics more than legends. However when I had leaders with an ability to do something else (mostly Run Coverage and Pass Coverage), it helped other legends who have that same ability.

For example I had Nick Buoniconti and Willie Wood on one team. Buoniconti's Leadership in Coverage made all my generics better in coverage and Wood became a monster. More so than he had been. I took Nick off the team and Wood just was not the same guy. I mean he still made plays but just not at that same unstoppable level that he was at when I had Nick on the team.

On another note I have found Sack Masters to be the best "leaders" in making your legend teammates better on the pass rush. The sack masters in the game seldom take over the game at all but when paired with another legend pass rusher, that other legend who is not the sack master has big games.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
On another note I have found Sack Masters to be the best "leaders" in making your legend teammates better on the pass rush. The sack masters in the game seldom take over the game at all but when paired with another legend pass rusher, that other legend who is not the sack master has big games.
I've noticed this as well with my league team. I have Reggie White and Dexter Manley at end, and though White has been involved and has 7.5 sacks in 11 games, it's Manley who has gone off. He's got 15.5, and has just dominated some games single-handedly.

It seems a bit counterintuitive, since the stated ability for sack masters is to be extra-good at getting sacks, but the statistical results point in the direction you're suggesting, catcatch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »