Home

Who do you think is the most dominate player in the game?

This is a discussion on Who do you think is the most dominate player in the game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Who do you think is the most dominate player in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHuMp3s
god your in love with Rice.
i think that Earl and Rice are really good but i usually do not have much problem stopping them, esscially Earl. If you through a lot of generics at him, he will eventually slow down, that was my strategy. When versing Rice, i try to treat him like a silver. It is so i dont panic trying to make a game plan to stop him. Just never do man to man unless you are going to double team him with Ronnie Lott and Lem Barney.
Just calling 'em like I see 'em. Rice led the league in receiving yardage and TDs even though I only played 12 games--two of which didn't get stats recorded because of network issues. So in 10 games he had 50+ catches, 1,500+ yards, and 15+ TDs. And the only games he didn't absolutely murder people were the games where Kramer had his off days--vs you the second time and bigdp2 the first game.

I could tell that his influence was greater than that of anyone else I've played with. He's just different. I don't think you were alive when he was playing, but check the record books--he's really in a class by himself. For every other position and record, there's at least someone close to the #1 guy in all the key categories. And then there's WR, where nobody's anywhere close to Rice. It's almost incomprehensible just how much better he was than anyone else that played his position. 400+ more catches; 7,000+ more yards; and 50+ more TDs than the nearest.

He plays like that in the game, too, I think.

And what separates him from Marino is the leadership ability. Marino is the man, but he's not making the rest of the team better. Rice is.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

I've yet to figure out why Barry Sanders plays like a power back on this game. Dude breaks at least 1 tackle per run and ALWAYS falls forward unless he's hit by 2 or 3 guys. It's really ridiculous how easy it is to get 150 yards a game with him. This dude drags 300 lb guys 3-4 yards at a time with no sign of slowing down. Pisses me off really..

Last edited by DakkoN; 02-07-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Also, I agree with Autumn. Jerry Rice is God in this game. Nobody else even comes close.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #20
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Jack Lambert can shut down an offense. I have played many Gold Runingbacks online and all it took was about 3 or 4 plays of Jack blowing up those run plays and then rhey abandon the run. But Jack doesn't stop there it is almost near impossible to throw over him in the middle. That's why I think Jack Lambert is the most dominating player
Old 02-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #21
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Earl Campbell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Easily, its Campbell. Use him steadily throughout the game and by the 4th quarter he's the Juggernaut. A close second would be Ditka.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Jack Lambert can shut down an offense. I have played many Gold Runingbacks online and all it took was about 3 or 4 plays of Jack blowing up those run plays and then rhey abandon the run. But Jack doesn't stop there it is almost near impossible to throw over him in the middle. That's why I think Jack Lambert is the most dominating player
CHOO CHOO!!! The pain train is comin! I freakin' love Lambert too (As most of you know). Ever since this guy single handedly won me 2 playoff games in a row in a league he's forever my favorite player in this game. In real life my favorite player is Greg Lloyd.

He has that solid blend of speed and quickness in conjunction with uncanny block shedding ability and above average tackling. His hands are bad for the most part, but he breaks up passes very efficiently. These abilities all combined make him the most complete defensive player in the game - YES right there with Ronnie Lott. Lambert lacks leadership, but makes up for it with the most perfect blend of ILB abilities in the game. If he caught all the passes he got his hands on it'd almost be not fair.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Earl Campbell and Jerry (God)Rice on defense i think Ronne Lott and Mike Haynes are very dominate Maynard is a gold imposter standing on a silver star and Dexter Manley is a steal at bronze

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »