Home

sickest juke you had

This is a discussion on sickest juke you had within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: sickest juke you had

Okay, had to update this, and though it sounds unbelievable, it's absolutely true. I had two incredible jukes by . . . Ken Stabler--and on the same drive.

The first play I saw some pressure and stepped up to run. Nobody was around, so I scamper for 20 yards or so before I face Brandon Martinez. I charge up and juke and leave him in the dust. Then, a stutter made a reach tackle miss, and I finished with 29 yards on the play.

Two plays later, I faced more heat, stepped up, and decided to chance it. Running to the left, I saw a LB in front of me, stopped dead in my tracks, and the LB flailed and ran right by. Stabler walked into the endzone.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
You don't need any tips . I've yet to beat you in a full-length league game. Until I do, it's talk to the .
I am more than willing to take hand signals. I never time my charge and juke properly.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Two plays later, I faced more heat, stepped up, and decided to chance it. Running to the left, I saw a LB in front of me, stopped dead in my tracks, and the LB flailed and ran right by. Stabler walked into the endzone.
Sounds like the move Chad Pennington did many years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjell1979
Sounds like the move Chad Pennington did many years ago.
Yeah, and the first one was shades of Brady vs. Urlacher.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am more than willing to take hand signals. I never time my charge and juke properly.
1) Do the juke earlier than you expect. Moves seem to kind of delay especially with non-ultra agile ballcarriers.

2) Chaining moves increases the probability of getting the oncoming defender to break down in my experience. For example, shimmying early than snapping a good juke seems to work better than the juke alone more often. The downside: you are moving slower overall and will get less yards if tackled. Also, you're more prone to fumbling... but it's more effective.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
1) Do the juke earlier than you expect. Moves seem to kind of delay especially with non-ultra agile ballcarriers.

2) Chaining moves increases the probability of getting the oncoming defender to break down in my experience. For example, shimmying early than snapping a good juke seems to work better than the juke alone more often. The downside: you are moving slower overall and will get less yards if tackled. Also, you're more prone to fumbling... but it's more effective.
Shimming is done with the right stick?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

I had a similar one when i first got this game, where i was down late on about the 7 yrd line on 4th. I was using Kozar, I believe, and and he was under tremendous pressure so i just ran straight to avoid the de's and over the line before I could press a button just to wing it to a receiver. The FS and the mlb were all over me, and as soon as I passed the line they were closing in like pincers at about the 2. I panicked and pressed RT, almost by accident to try and do anything to squeeze past. I pressed it early enough that he had time to take a long, slow step left, then launch to the right, as the mlb and fs flew by. He then had to watch as Kozar walked it in for the lead. What i remember most is the guy just kept watching the replay over and over again in (apparent) astonishment.

Another one where I got embarrassed was where i was playing a guy who was blowing me out with Randall. At around the 10, he caught me in man and started moseying toward the rights side, completely alone except for Lathon. I had him dead to rights and thought i could even get a fumble out of it. He wasn't even sprinting, so i charged up and launched at him. Little did I know he was charging up, and hurdled me with ease and walked in. One of the only TD's against me where i was excited to see it happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »