Home

What is the secret to dominating with Sharpe?

This is a discussion on What is the secret to dominating with Sharpe? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question What is the secret to dominating with Sharpe?

I totally get abused playing against him on online, even when putting a gold CB on him, dbl him w/ a gold CB, and a safety or LB. I fear him way more than OJ, Rice, Campbell, or Maynard. I have also tried running various cover 3s w/ a legend corner playing man. When I use him on my teams online I get very low production from him. Should I try my dbl moves? I think Metz is more reliable for me. Some gold TEs are great for me like Mackey, and Ditka.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: What is the secret to dominating with Sharpe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypeter
I totally get abused playing against him on online, even when putting a gold CB on him, dbl him w/ a gold CB, and a safety or LB. I fear him way more than OJ, Rice, Campbell, or Maynard. I have also tried running various cover 3s w/ a legend corner playing man. When I use him on my teams online I get very low production from him. Should I try my dbl moves? I think Metz is more reliable for me. Some gold TEs are great for me like Mackey, and Ditka.
click in and SWAT the ball.

dont go for the pick.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypeter
Routes that take advantage of his speed and route god work best for me. Outs, posts, corners, etc. Those are generally the best for me, where he can get a little separation and only have a safety or linebacker covering him after the WR draws some coverage away by running a route underneath or something.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

throw bullets whenever you can. He can outjump and outfight most Db and lb's, but if you loft it up there, it gives the D time to get settled around him.

Also, use the drag when the other team goes to man. He'll outrun his mark/marks and have the whole field in front of him.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Sharpe is a very unique talent that can devestate opposing defenses in a variety of ways. A few things I try to do with him to utilize his abilities are:

1. Stretch the D with vertical routes. Seams, deep posts, deep corners, and fly routes can quickly take out a zone defense. Sharpe gets down the field so quick that you can frequently zip a seam route to him before the D knows what him them.

2. Use cross field routes to beat man defense. His ability to run sharp(e) routes makes it a near inevitability that he will gain separation against his man. When I see man defense, I have my WRs run vertical routes and give sharpe the ball on something like a drag or in. He's bound to have at least a step on a safety, and likely more on a LB, and if you give him room to maneuver after the catch he can be deadly.

3. Mix up where you line him up. There are formations that split the TE out wide or bunched up with WRs. These give you excellent opportunities to locate mismatches or flood zones. There's also a formation that places the TE in the backfield out of the shotgun. This can be a good way to get him the ball quickly or again create matchup problems.

4. Get the ball to him early and often. If you find yourself having difficulties getting him the ball since the D is taking away what you want to do, mix it up a bit. There's an end around/sweep type play out of the double TE set you can call to throw your opponent off balance and get the ball in your playmaker's hands. The TE screen pass can also be an effective way of getting him the ball when things down field don't look so good and can make your opponent adjust what he is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: What is the secret to dominating with Sharpe?

Update: I got got done beating a guy online 35- 24 who uses Sharpe who had beaten me 3 out 4 times. I held is Sharpe to 4 rec 62 yrds 15.5 avg 0 TD TT 13 times. He did have 1 rush of 45 yrds for a TD. My secret was mixing defs up and running diff zones hot routing Albert Lewis to man up. I followed advice given by you guys and tore up a def that included: Barney, E. Robinson, D. Wilcox (that dude is good), T. McDaniel, G. Lloyd, J. Offerdahl. I did recruit the services of Dan Marino 10 for 14, 71%, 354 yrs 5 td, 1 int Route God Recievers Maynard (0 catches), and Lavelli (4 catches for 109 1 td 27.3 avg 4 TT) to help w/ the cause. Sharpe's numbers were 5 rec., 246 yrds, avg. 49.2, LNG 72 4 td, TT 5 times. So thank you so much, because I was getting frustrated getting domnated by Sharpe from so many online users, and not being able to return the favor. I think now I will have my anti Sharpe team w/ 3 CBs, 2 bronze coverage LBs.

Thanks,
DP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »