Home

Encouraging news regarding APF2K10?

This is a discussion on Encouraging news regarding APF2K10? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Encouraging news regarding APF2K10?

I would also like to see a APF2k10 this summer.

Throwing in a franchise mode would be great. I'd actually be fine if APF2k10 was released with the same stuff as 2k8, but with more legends, couple add ons, and a few fixes. And for the franchise, they should just make it all generic players and what not, no legends put in. Heck, it could be the same format as 2k5, just with fully customizable teams. And then maybe if a generic player in your franchise mode becomes a super star and enters the hall of fame, he could become a legend in the game as well, for offline play at least.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im not getting my hopes up. This time in 07, the game was already announced (I believe it was announced late jan or feb).
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Im not getting my hopes up. This time in 07, the game was already announced (I believe it was announced late jan or feb).
as long as it was never annouced that 2k football is scrapped, there is always hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaST21
as long as it was never annouced that 2k football is scrapped, there is always hope.
Indeed. I'm not going to hold my breath tho.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #37
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

According to this, the use of NFL legends in a 2K football game won't happen again...

Quote:
"When a substantial competitor to EA [Take-Two] began to emerge for use of retired players, EA and Defendants rushed to enter into a contract locking up the most valuable retired players' rights in exchange for payments that were admittedly below market. [NFL Players Inc]'s Senior Vice-President, Clay Walker, admitted as much in the following email:

"Take Two [the EA competitor] went after retired players to create an "NFL" style video game after we gave the exclusive to EA. I was able to forge this deal with [the Pro Football Hall of Fame] that provides them with $400K per year (which is significantly below market rate) in exchange for the HOF player rights. EA owes me a huge favor because that threat was enough to persuade Take Two to back off its plans, leaving EA as the only professional football videogame manufacturer out there. "

In an even more damaging fashion, Ars Technica revealed another e-mail found by the suit:

"An e-mail sent November 1, 2007, is equally plain in its language. Andrew Feffer, executive vice president and chief operating officer of the NFLPA wrote to EA Sports' representative Paul Cairns that "Clay and Joe's negotiation of these discounted terms was a significant contribution to EA as you more than likely would have paid in excess of $1 million for these rights without their involvement and assistance." In other words, you saved a cool million because you had people negotiating who weren't hoping to strike the best deal for the players."

http://www.gamepositive.com/news/178

...though I'd welcome a totally generic football game with open arms.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
According to this, the use of NFL legends in a 2K football game won't happen again...

...though I'd welcome a totally generic football game with open arms.

Well would you welcome a new NFL game maybe by next football season?!

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/200...g-of-the-past/
Old 03-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Well would you welcome a new NFL game maybe by next football season?!

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/200...g-of-the-past/
at this point, I'll welcome any football game that is made by 2k Sports NFL or not.

APF2k8 has provin to me that you DO NOT need the NFL to have a fun game of football... however, the NFL does help. also, all because a game has NFL in it, doesn't mean it's fun... esp if Santana Moss runs routes like a robot. . .
Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaST21
at this point, I'll welcome any football game that is made by 2k Sports NFL or not.

APF2k8 has provin to me that you DO NOT need the NFL to have a fun game of football... however, the NFL does help. also, all because a game has NFL in it, doesn't mean it's fun... esp if Santana Moss runs routes like a robot. . .
Exactly. I think 2k could keep the star system even for an all generic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »