Home

who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends.

This is a discussion on who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: APF 2k10 w/out legends
Yes I would just give me APF 2k10 198 84.98%
No thanks 9 3.86%
maybe would have to rent 1st 26 11.16%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends.

It matters. If it's simply a retread of 2k8 with minimal improvements, no franchise mode, no customizable online leagues (i.e. fast mode), not much customizability, and a high price tag, I would probably wait until it got down to $8 again. I love 2K football, but I also recognize lazy development too. And 2K5 was the embodiment of ambitious development and successful execution. 2K8 was not. If a hypothetical 2K10 provided value, then I would get it. I'm not blowing $60 on a game I already have.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

I'll play anything 2k makes.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

They should make a football game thats based on building your own team to your liking. I like a high flying passing game with good overall defense so that would mean I need good receivers with speed so thats what I would look for in the draft or free agency. Maybe you could start off as an person looking to buy a team and then you would search for a team thats built for passing or running, depending on what you like. Then you would start off with the default team and slowly replace older players and develop younger players with good stats. But yeah I dont need legends or the nfl to buy 2K football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would definitely buy it. All they have to do is give you a certain amount of Points or Money to build a team.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

That's what I want!!! I just want a great game of football with a deep dynasty mode. Customize to my likes etc.. I loved 2k5. I liked 2k8 needed dynasty and a little more to edit. a 2k10 with dynasty mode would be a pure 10.0
As a kid I played so many games without the actual teams and players etc.. I just want the fun of the sport and the depth of a great challanging dyanasty with ups and downs over the course of 20+ seasons.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

In a heartbeat.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

With franchise mode, this would be a definite purchase for me. I could care less about the legends now - that game has already been made and we all own it. I know I obsessively enjoyed my FPS FBPRO franchises that were started in fictitious universes. A NFL license isn't really necessary for (many, not all, for sure) people to get into franchise mode. The combination of realism and fun is where it's at. Plus, of course, 2k could open the game up so that modders could add NFL stuff for folks who jones for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

I would like to change my vote, I would get it as long as it had 2 things:

1) Any sort of Franchise mode. I don't care if the AI is plagued with problems in Draft/Trade logic and player progression sucks (basically Madden's franchise), I just want to be able to play more than one season.

2) ACTUAL HAIR OPTIONS FOR CREATED PLAYERS! That's one thing that annoys the crap out of me in APF 2k8, all CAPs are bald or have buzz cuts. If you have a stud WR/HB/QB who goes out to shake hands with the opposing team, he's got what looks like spray paint on hsi head going up against Marino's flowing locks. It's not even fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »