Home

who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends.

This is a discussion on who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: APF 2k10 w/out legends
Yes I would just give me APF 2k10 198 84.98%
No thanks 9 3.86%
maybe would have to rent 1st 26 11.16%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: who would buy APF 2k10 w/out legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
2) ACTUAL HAIR OPTIONS FOR CREATED PLAYERS! That's one thing that annoys the crap out of me in APF 2k8, all CAPs are bald or have buzz cuts. If you have a stud WR/HB/QB who goes out to shake hands with the opposing team, he's got what looks like spray paint on hsi head going up against Marino's flowing locks. It's not even fair.
agree with you on this one, but honestly, they wear helmets all game. Not too big of a deal
Old 03-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 13

As long as it added a franchise mode, more customization, and fixes/tweaks, I'd buy it in a heart beat. In fact, I would probably pre-order it. As long as it isn't APF2k8 with a fresh coat of paint.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #19
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Franchis mode and let us customize everything.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think Generics are fine, but to make it even better, there should be some type of story to each generic or background of *star* generics.

For example, if 2ksports kept the gold, silver, bronze star system, maybe each player with a GOLD star has a background profile that is presented. This kind of helps you get a feel for the generic player on the other team you're playing against.

I think it's important to gameplay because, I'm a Redskins fan, and (before TO was released) i hate TO on the cowboys because I know who TO is and I loved it when Laron Landry would lay a hitstick on TO.

I think if somehow 2ksports presented a star generic with a background, then we can feel more connected with the player and the league as whole and the game can be even more enjoyable.

For example.. it could be like this...

Terry Supernaw
2nd round pick out of wherever
"good balanced cornerback. was released by the Phily Americans due to off field problems."

Ki-Jana Cain
3rd round pick out of wherever
"good pass rushing DE, was caught using HGH and was suspended 3 games in 2002 APF season. Came back and made all pro in 2003.."

This can also give the commentators something to talk about, other than play by play and game/season stats.

and what if they added an attribute such as "attitude" so there is some type of Risk vs reward of having TO/Chad Johnson type players on the team. where they can perform and do great things for you with their swagger, but when things are rough they can do things that MIGHT cost you a game. example (computer controlled late hit/personal foul - like how Al Haynesworth stomped cowboys face) and gets ejected...) so you're like... "o crap"... and then in franchise there should be discipline options for you. Suspension can help change their attitudes over time, or if you dont want to deal with them, you can release them for a tamer (non playmaker guy) who is consistent...

things like this i think will give franchise depth than Madden hasnt and probably will never offer since we all see how slow they evolve their games.

something like that.

Last edited by MeaST21; 03-09-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #21
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkboy
I'd buy it without the legends. We already have one 2k game with legends (which is great), another one would be overkill.

2k needs to find a way to keep 2k football relevant.

A 100% customizable football game (rosters, uniforms (including helmet logos), stadiums, you name it) sold for $30 (with good advertising) would go a long way to doing that.
All that you asked for would be great, and I see no reason they couldn't do all that and keep the legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

That and if they provided the ability to store and trade codes for CAPs the same way they do for uniforms, it wouldn't matter much if there were Legends because we could create our own.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I would actually prefer no Legends. Don't get me wrong, that angle was great... but it leaves no attention to generic players. All of them weren't capable of doing what Legends were (no "diamonds in the rough," so to speak), and they weren't exactly favorites in the field so they would play second-fiddle anyway.

It would be nice to take a bunch of generics and have full customization of the game.

Gosh, if the license never happened, imagine what NFL 2K9 would have been like?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

As long as they are working on getting back an NFL license im game....anything that 2k does is light years ahead of that "EA" game.Till then I'll keep playin my APF08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »