Home

Is it just me or...

This is a discussion on Is it just me or... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Is it just me or...

Oh there most definitely is! Oftentimes you can have coverages that take away the post, and then with your underneath zone defender you can manually take away the out/corner and the play is dead meat. Pretty standard for me now.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Are outs, corners, and posts just completely shenanigans in this game? I just played a game against someone who pretty much only ran those three routes. I knew they were coming. I tried all sorts of defenses. And nothing worked. Even if I did manage to get a guy in the direct vicinity of the receiver, half the time the ball was completed anyway.

Am I just doing something wrong?
That also depends on what matchups you had.....Who did you have on your defense and how did you have the defense set....I.e pass rush,coverage...did you play off coverage...Did you have any leadership on your defense...It is all taken under consideration....Personally I pick either a gold corner or silver and move one of my safetys up and dare my opp to throw to one side of the field...but thats just me....You must have at least one "shut down" corner that way you can concentrate on the other side of the field and focus on the anticipated play.Also if your opponent is hot routing and audibling EVERY PLAY the A.I . in your secondary sometimes doesnt recognize it and leaves wrs uncovered (not like in real life)so that is why I would not quick snap if I was on offense but obviously some people will and think it is ok...to each his own.You can also Bait you opp... Take nite train and call a defense that he covers the Wr or TE but move him to the box,do this a couple of times and let him have a few plays,them boom ...a few plays later you get a nice interception...Its kind of like playin 21 in basket ball.....Let you opponent score a few easy baskets study their tendencies and then take them all away...Good luck

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 03-10-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added sometimes
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

That's another good point too. If you have a better CB/WR matchup on defense, sometimes straight man coverage takes away those routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »