Home

BANNING THE FADE ROUTE

This is a discussion on BANNING THE FADE ROUTE within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: BANNING THE FADE ROUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin11
I dont mean to agree with the freak but when I play someone I know isnt great at the game. Im talking just your average casual lobby player, I will not call that route. It is very difficult to stop if your not a good APF player.

The WR burns the corner almost every time because of the fast animation. So if there not in a COVER 2 or something with a safety over top its an auto TD. Hell half the time they are in something with a safety over top the receiver will still burn them.

I just played a guy where he would call a fade with his right WR (bronze speed burner) I had Renfro on him so I was thinking he could stop him, even with a Bronze safety over top in a MAN cover 2 he beat me for 6 twice. I decided to move Night Train on him and bump to the outside. But problem was his left receiver was running a Deep Post so by bumping outside he was picking up big yards that way. I finally stopped him by manually using the Safety to jump the post. Later in the game he burned my gold safety and gold corner with a deep fade using Drew Pearson. All 3 of his TDs were on fade routes with my safeties playing deep...that should not happen. I still won the game cause he had no actual skill and based his whole offense around forcing me to adjust my entire defense to one route.

I only call it if I suspect Zero Coverage. Ive had plenty of times where my WR burns right past the defense when my opponent had a play called that should have stopped it...so I dont throw it there. It feels cheap to me.

But again if I know the person i'm playing is smart and knows a few ways to stop it then I have no problem incorporating it into my offense. Ill still only call it when I see no safety help and only a couple times a game.

I think it would be nearly impossible to stop 2 golds WRs running fades deep on opposite sides. Especially if they have bump buster.

hmm that got long...
Right there what I highlighted is what should be done. Drew Pearson and other great WR's with speed will eventually run pass the defense no matter what if you don't get to the QB. That is just the facts. The defense is back peddling while the WR is running straight and while the CB is back peddling waiting for the WR to make his break on his route he gets burned deep because he can't turn and run with a guy already at top speed. Here is a video of why it should work if you don't get to the QB....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80235ac7

So as that video demonstrated that a Gold WR like Randy Moss beat 4 defenders in that play if you count the CB who tried to bump him. Watch how the safeties are waiting for his break on his route and than realize he isn't breaking his route off and try and catch up to him but he is too fast.

You can have the greatest secondary in the game but if you don't have pressure from your D-Line you will be in for a long day. When I play Leeroy Jenkyns who I would say is the master of the fade route I beat him because of my D-Line pressure. I usually run with generic CB's and I still shut his offense down.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 16

the fade route is the ONLY ROUTE that provides the wr with a speed boost coming out of the outside break.

its cheese/glitchy....thus it is banned.

i already dominated on 360 with my 100% SIM gameplay, then went to ps3 and dominated the competition with my 100% SIM gameplay..............until mlb the show 09 came out.

the fade is banned the same way the hot corner route is.....i hope no 'sim player' tries to tell me the 'hot routed out slant' is sim.

I AM THE GREATEST SIM PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by The Sim God; 03-18-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #75
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Right there what I highlighted is what should be done. Drew Pearson and other great WR's with speed will eventually run pass the defense no matter what if you don't get to the QB. That is just the facts. The defense is back peddling while the WR is running straight and while the CB is back peddling waiting for the WR to make his break on his route he gets burned deep because he can't turn and run with a guy already at top speed. Here is a video of why it should work if you don't get to the QB....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80235ac7

So as that video demonstrated that a Gold WR like Randy Moss beat 4 defenders in that play if you count the CB who tried to bump him. Watch how the safeties are waiting for his break on his route and than realize he isn't breaking his route off and try and catch up to him but he is too fast.

You can have the greatest secondary in the game but if you don't have pressure from your D-Line you will be in for a long day. When I play Leeroy Jenkyns who I would say is the master of the fade route I beat him because of my D-Line pressure. I usually run with generic CB's and I still shut his offense down.
could we please quit comparing this VIDEO GAME to anything that you see on sundays, or even saturdays! in this game the fade route is somewhat cheap, yes it can be stopped, but it is still cheaper than the straight go route, I know, I know that you should never leave a average corner one on one with a great wr but it this game wr's without any speed attributes go right by corners with that outside release. that is not good play calling, sorry that is a.i. abuse, and all people say is leave a safety over the top. you say you dont like being told how to play the game, but by using that route, you are doing the same thing to the defense. "If you dont leave a safety over the top ALL game, I will throw my fade" not the go route, but the fade!!!! If I have Terry Supernaw trying to cover Jerry Rice one on one I expect Rice to kill him, but If I have mel renfro on dwight clark, I expect to be able to leave him one on one, but the fade eliminates that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 21

I have gotten beaten by the fade many times, but mainly its when you are not looking for it. NFLHITMAN is right though. If you give a QB time for that route to develope, no defense is gonna stop a speedy WR from getting behind them, and match that with a QB with a arm and you got instant offense.

I think many peoples problem(and its one I have at times) is they do not want to have to take chances on defense. They want to be able to sit back in cover 2/3/4 and expect every spot on the field to be shutdown, even when they give the QB eternity to throw the ball.

If you dont have the personel to stay with Gold WR's and the Offense is SHOWING you its willing to throw deep, you have GOT to find a way to get pressure on the QB so he dont have time to make that throw properly/does not allow the WR to get behind your safety.

YEP, if someone is savy enough they can have you all twisted in your play calling defensively because you dont know whats coming next, the fade or something short, or a run...BUT AINT THAT FOOTBALL ?!?!?!?

If there was NO way to stop it then yeah cry foul, but there is so how can anyone get upset ?

There are some crazy things your DB's will do sometimes that make you scratch your head, but 95% of the time you can count on you players doing what you expect them to do, which I think is reasonable....except when that 5% is happening to me, LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
the fade route is the ONLY ROUTE that provides the wr with a speed boost coming out of the outside break.

its cheese/glitchy....thus it is banned.

i already dominated on 360 with my 100% SIM gameplay, then went to ps3 and dominated the competition with my 100% SIM gameplay..............until mlb the show 09 came out.

the fade is banned the same way the hot corner route is.....i hope no 'sim player' tries to tell me the 'hot routed out slant' is sim.

I AM THE GREATEST SIM PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA
As much as I don't like to admit it, you do have something of a point here.

There are actually three routes in the game that give the WR a clear speed boost over the defender and over the receiver's normal route-running speed. One is the fade. The other is the arrow. The third is the arrow-corner that's in the PA Rollout plays.

Now I'm over trying to tell people what's realistic, sim, whatever, but all you have to do is watch these plays in replay and compare them to other, similar routes, and you can see that there's an objective difference between the speed at which they're coded and everything else in the game.

And to anticipate Grunt's "peace" messages, yes, you can deal with them. But that's not the point. The point is that they work funny because this is a video game and something is always "off." Anyone who has played this game for any length of time has figured this out.

I'm against the God complex, but I am for intellectual honesty and Sim God does make an honest and objective observation about how the play works. I would just say that the list is actually larger than he suggests.

I recently used the fade in my league game against Grunt, and the arrow against DJ, but I think from here on out I'm gonna try to be an example and eliminate those three routes. That's no dictum, just my two cents.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
As much as I don't like to admit it, you do have something of a point here.

There are actually three routes in the game that give the WR a clear speed boost over the defender and over the receiver's normal route-running speed. One is the fade. The other is the arrow. The third is the arrow-corner that's in the PA Rollout plays.

Now I'm over trying to tell people what's realistic, sim, whatever, but all you have to do is watch these plays in replay and compare them to other, similar routes, and you can see that there's an objective difference between the speed at which they're coded and everything else in the game.

And to anticipate Grunt's "peace" messages, yes, you can deal with them. But that's not the point. The point is that they work funny because this is a video game and something is always "off." Anyone who has played this game for any length of time has figured this out.

I'm against the God complex, but I am for intellectual honesty and Sim God does make an honest and objective observation about how the play works. I would just say that the list is actually larger than he suggests.

I recently used the fade in my league game against Grunt, and the arrow against DJ, but I think from here on out I'm gonna try to be an example and eliminate those three routes. That's no dictum, just my two cents.
i go over the top sometimes with my remarks to get the e-crowd in an e-uproar....lol

the fade is a clear exploit.

the way it operates to the speed of the wr breaking to the outside.

theres a reason the hot routed out slant is banned and the fade is banned too.

if you play SIm you want to eliminate any glitches or ai abuse when/if you can

eliminating the fade is one way to make this game play like nfl sundays.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 23

I think that if The Sim God only ever complained about the fade route then people wouldn't be so bothered, since it is exploitable. It's some of the other things, like manual blitzing (which was an exploit in 2k5, but's much much less of one in 2k8) or controlling DL players (same thing).

Also, the God complex and BLACKLISTING don't really help people's opinion of him.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I think that if The Sim God only ever complained about the fade route then people wouldn't be so bothered, since it is exploitable. It's some of the other things, like manual blitzing (which was an exploit in 2k5, but's much much less of one in 2k8) or controlling DL players (same thing).

Also, the God complex and BLACKLISTING don't really help people's opinion of him.
I ignored him. I could careless what he has to say. If someone uses the fade, I will attempt to take my safety and get in postion to make a play. If not, well next set of downs I will try it again.

In the end I am going to play the game. Without exploiting the AI. But I am not going to come here and make myself look bad like he does. He is one of those guys that has to get attention. You can just tell in his posts, he was starved of attention as a child I would be willing to bet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »