Home

The Scrub list

This is a discussion on The Scrub list within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The Scrub list

I play just to have fun. I could lose every single game I play and I will have zero problem with it. I am looking just for a good fun football experience that mirrors real football as close as it can be. APF has been the only title to do that so far (well other than NFL2k5).

But yea I am in with yall
Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Well it aint right. I dont like eating so much suckage all in one helping.

Seems like practicing is only making it WORSE !! I am thinking too much instaed of playing. I KNOW this but cant make it STOP !!!

I see why Joe Gibbs stayed up late and slept at his office. Figuring out how to get your team playing well and game planning can consume you.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
My game has been falling apart lately ........

YOU TOO !!!!! NAH man, You always playing good games. You dont ever seem to be rattled during a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I play just to have fun. I could lose every single game I play and I will have zero problem with it. I am looking just for a good fun football experience that mirrors real football as close as it can be. APF has been the only title to do that so far (well other than NFL2k5).

But yea I am in with yall

I start out like "yeah this is just for fun" but by the 3rd quarter of a close game is like , MAN >>>>>>WHY WONT THIS TEAM JUST DIE , GIVE UP AND LET ME WIN, LOL
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 14

This game is really cerebral. I had a time where i struggled mightily, and 1 thing that worked 4 me was to turn off the sound while i played and listen to music i really liked. It kinda gets u outta ur own head.

Tombsong, 4 u ive noticed in our league u dont get dante lavelli the ball that much. Id say find a way to mix him in more cuz with ur WR's ur passing O could be unstoppable
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidsboroff
This game is really cerebral. I had a time where i struggled mightily, and 1 thing that worked 4 me was to turn off the sound while i played and listen to music i really liked. It kinda gets u outta ur own head.

Tombsong, 4 u ive noticed in our league u dont get dante lavelli the ball that much. Id say find a way to mix him in more cuz with ur WR's ur passing O could be unstoppable

It got SHUTDOWN last night, LOL. I was not quite sure how to remedy it. I had some dropped balls, but man it was a struggle.
Made me want to go on a Forest Gump run across the country after that game.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 14

U should have minimum 3 wr at all times with ur personel. When u were drafting, i was thinking ud run a bills k-gun style O.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

I think you need to commit to the run more on offense and create more explosive plays on defense. Whenever I play you, your short passing game is phenomenal. I think despite your amazing pass game, you fail to commit to the run game over an entire game, and when the screws get tightened on your pass game late in the game you will get in trouble. Usually I see you have 5 carries or less from your RB. Time of possession can be a powerful tool especially when holding a lead, and doing it exclusively through the air is just not efficient.

Your defense usually lets your offense down. Even with the immense talent usually loaded on the DL, the pressure just doesn't arrive. What this tells me is your defenders aren't doing their job, nor are they probably in position to make plays very often.

Stopping the run can be an issue for you also. I'd just recommend going into practice mode, setting the CPU on inside runs, stop them, then outside runs, stop them. You'll get a feel of the reads and line stunts that blow up certian runs. That in conjunction with your great DL should put you in a better position to win games decidedly.

Sprinkling in some effective manual blitzes may not hurt, either... ensure those legend DL are single blocked.

Completely my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »