Home

Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development)

This is a discussion on Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
2k should just market whatever idea they have. Don't keep your fans in the dark.
It's fairly clear that they have no idea, and no desire to make another football game.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd still disagree. I just don't see this huge contingent of 2K fans that refuse to buy Madden. If the people are that bitter, they'd also realize the NFL has it's part in the blame also. Are these fans no longer willing to watch football? Or no longer purchasing NFL products? All because of the exclusivity deal? I'm sure there are a few people out there that are that extreme that they can hold to their principles and not purchase Madden even if it were "perfect", which I have a really hard time believing. Even so if they do exist they are very few and far between.

And where were all these hardcore holdout fans when APF2K8 came out? If that's the case, APF should've been a million-seller - there should've been a lot more people willing to stick it to the NFL and EA and willing to purchase APF just on spite alone. I don't blame 2K one bit for not making another football game and especially for not catering it to the fringe crowd that simply wants them to provide a game template that gives them full freedom to mold the game any which way they can dream up. It's too unrealistic an expectation, and the ultra-hardcore is far too finicky a crowd to cater to. Even in this forum we can't come up with a consensus on what a 2K football game should be; I've heard everything from USFL to Canadian League to completely generic to high school games being thrown about. And there are more; XFL, hybrid college game, etc. And all this while taking into account the requisite draft/contracts/recruiting needs to add depth to the game. There's just no way they'd be able to please everyone
Well I hate to say it my friend but you are in blind denial. Because with the constant upgrading of 2k5 to the modifications to APF, 2k football fans are still refusing to buy Madden and that is a fact.

Also look at the NBA 2k boards, College Hoops boards, etc. 2k fans have gotten to the point where loyalty to the company makes them refuse to buy EA's game no matter if they improve or not.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Well I hate to say it my friend but you are in blind denial. Because with the constant upgrading of 2k5 to the modifications to APF, 2k football fans are still refusing to buy Madden and that is a fact.

Also look at the NBA 2k boards, College Hoops boards, etc. 2k fans have gotten to the point where loyalty to the company makes them refuse to buy EA's game no matter if they improve or not.
I could not have worded it better! People should be open to IMPROVED gameplay and games. For me, I don't care if it is Live or 2K....Madden 10 (if it steps up 2 the plate) or NFL 2K5forever....as long as the game fits the bill of what a True Sim experience should be and has all the right components, I am content with that...and don't feel the need 2 buy the game year in and out.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Focus on defense more (it's too easy to score)
Make uniform codes shorter

Take a couple things from Madden:

Enable stats to be emailed to you after a game
Allow you to upload your best plays to the 2k website

Philadelphia Eagles
Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

^^

Good ideas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave
I like the points you make and it is true for the most part. However, I don't fault the 2K fans who don't buy EA games or Madden. EA signed the exclusive deal with the NFL, thus terminating 2K football until it expires. This is what angered the fans, including me. Why would they want to pay for a game that is made by the company who essentially put the nix on 2K football? Why would they want to support that company? If they did, they would indirectly be supporting the exclusivity license that they hate so much. It is kinda like buying a chocolate bar from a company/group that funds human trafficking. (Kinda, and a little dark/harsh, but I hope you understand my point. )
This is a common misconception actually. It is the NFL to blame not EA. The NFL wanted to no longer give out their license to multiple sources because they didn't want to police every single developer into making a NFL game that fit within their rules. So they put the license up for bidding. I can hardly blame EA for bidding the most $$, what were they supposed to do, not make a play for it?

So EA won, and the rest is history. But I don't think its right to be angry at EA for winning the bid. If anyone you should be angry at its the NFL for deciding to only offer the license to one developer.

Now, you can certainly be angry at EA for making a sh1t game on the PS3 / 360 for the past 4 years, that I certainly can't blame you for, they deserve it.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

No, unfortunately that's just what you want to believe which is why there's no sense in continuing the conversation because of such a ridiculously overblown view. I just went online with APF and there were a total of 3 people in the lobbies. I'm sure the number of people that have gone through the trouble of getting a transfer cable to download the most recent NFL2K5 rosters is absolutely huge; they must number in the hundreds. This belief that there's some huge group of people that would rather stay stuck in last gen or play a multiple years-old game - and, this is key - refuse to play a great game because they're bitter, is a silly notion. You refuse to accept the possibility that some people are refusing to play Madden because... *gasp*... it just hasn't been very good. Which is interesting to hear, given your views on NBA2K9. Sorry, but it's laughable. Even if it's a thousand people still playing 2K5 and refusing to buy Madden, in the bigger scheme of things that means next to nothing for a game that sells 4+million. Believe all you want that it's 2K fans holding Madden sales back; it's a ridiculous view. The game's sales haven't improved w/the popularity of the NFL because it's own fans haven't felt the game warranted a purchase.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #24
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
No, unfortunately that's just what you want to believe which is why there's no sense in continuing the conversation because of such a ridiculously overblown view. I just went online with APF and there were a total of 3 people in the lobbies. I'm sure the number of people that have gone through the trouble of getting a transfer cable to download the most recent NFL2K5 rosters is absolutely huge; they must number in the hundreds. This belief that there's some huge group of people that would rather stay stuck in last gen or play a multiple years-old game - and, this is key - refuse to play a great game because they're bitter, is a silly notion. You refuse to accept the possibility that some people are refusing to play Madden because... *gasp*... it just hasn't been very good. Which is interesting to hear, given your views on NBA2K9. Sorry, but it's laughable. Even if it's a thousand people still playing 2K5 and refusing to buy Madden, in the bigger scheme of things that means next to nothing for a game that sells 4+million. Believe all you want that it's 2K fans holding Madden sales back; it's a ridiculous view. The game's sales haven't improved w/the popularity of the NFL because it's own fans haven't felt the game warranted a purchase.
So let me get this straight I hate NBA 2k9 so now I'm wrong...haha...

The game is terrible enough said! No defensive A.I. constant sliding and bad stats. But I'm wrong! hahaha.

But look at my gamertag...I just got through playing APF in which I like. I'm still playing NFL 2k5 with JSOU's edits. But I'm wrong for not liking NBA 2k9 so that makes my points wrong, for knowing for a fact that loyal 2k fans will refuse to buy a EA game in hopes not to support the NFL license.

Please that is a fact. Search for Exclusive NFL license threads that have been created every year since it happened and look at how the 2kfanboys come out of no where with constant hatred and ignorant post and those same people fill the threads with 2k can do no wrong post. That's why I know this for a fact, I read! And I keep note of!

When I was trying to complete my College Hoops 2k9 rosters, I could even get through 3 or 4 pages of edit info without people posting constantly how EA sucks and they refuse to buy their lame *** NCAA Basketball game. Without even playing it!

Same exact comments I played the demo and deleted in 2 minutes blah blah blah!

I rented it and it sux, I took it back the same day, blah blah blah!

I played over a friends house and it was terrible. hahaha! Same lame **** every year from blind and bias fans.

But it's cool man we can disagree and I can respect that, I guess we can leave it at that we don't see eye to eye on this subject.

Fact is 2ksports! No wait I'm sorry Take-Two needs to get their eyes checked because they are ruining a great series of games and a great development team by not seeing the talent and potential of visual concepts. They need to give these guys new technology and a better graphics engine and even more marketing support and put these guys back on the map. Even if its with a completely generic football. Don't let 2k football die all together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »