Home

Is this team acceptable for use online?

This is a discussion on Is this team acceptable for use online? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Is this team acceptable for use online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I've been playing with the team a good deal (yet to get an online game though) and the TE is far from unguardable. Even if I do throw it up and hope he comes down with it, if he has to extend to make the catch and gets hit, he drops it a good 50-60% of the time.

I don't understand how having a tall player is BS, people are as tall and taller in real life. It's a lot harder than saying "just throw it up there, he'll catch it." Also, if he only has 3-4 catches a game for maybe 50 yards, how can people get that upset when my HB (5'11" and 190 lbs) gets 80+ yards and my WR (6'0" and 186) makes 6-7 catches for 150+ yards.

One of two things 1. You haven't played this game long enough to recognize the difference in play online to offline...BTW which lobbby you plan on playing in the weak lobby aka All Pro, what difficulty do you play on offline? 2. You don't just throw it up to your players in double/triple coverage like most newbs online.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
One of two things 1. You haven't played this game long enough to recognize the difference in play online to offline...BTW which lobbby you plan on playing in the weak lobby aka All Pro, what difficulty do you play on offline? 2. You don't just throw it up to your players in double/triple coverage like most newbs online.
I've played over 200 games offline, but there's never anyone online so I've only been able to get 2 online games (won 1, lost 1). The online games I've played have been in the All Pro Lobby, mainly because that's the only lobby I've ever seen people in. The only reason I haven't noticed the difference between offline/online is because I've only been able to get 2 games and both of them have been against people who abused exploits every single play.

Offline, I play on a custom difficulty because I needed to crank up the human Coverage, and a few of the CPU sliders (blocking, running) from the Legend settings. The sliders I use favor the defense (tackling/coverage/pursuit are all much higher than blocking/running/passing/catching). There are sometimes I throw to a WR/TE who is covered 1 on 1, but not to someone who is double/triple covered.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 16

all pro = all sliders @ 50

legend = ai @ 75, human @ 25

people let the ai do everything.

legend is for the people who dont like doing anythuing manually and 'clicking in' to make a play. they NEED the ai to help them out

legend = ai runs faster, tackles better, jumps higher.....you get the drift.
thats why people wont 'click in' to tackle you
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
all pro = all sliders @ 50

legend = ai @ 75, human @ 25

people let the ai do everything.

legend is for the people who dont like doing anythuing manually and 'clicking in' to make a play. they NEED the ai to help them out

legend = ai runs faster, tackles better, jumps higher.....you get the drift.
thats why people wont 'click in' to tackle you

All-Pro-Ok so let me get this straight you're suggesting I handi cap my teams A.I. awareness "THE 10 PLAYERS I CAN'T CONTROL ALL AT ONCE " so it's easier for my opponent to score, gee you're so right, hmmm you must be awsome to control all eleven guys at once, reguardless of what lobby you're in the A.I. plays a roll...and if I'm going to let the A.I. be involved then it better do its damn job when I'm doing mine.

Legend-A.I. is more responsive to the game, allows the user to actually be able to play their zone or man manually. IMO still needs work when defenders just stand and watch things happen right in front of them.

Chumps like this guy want the game to be as simple as possible so they cn run their 5 play offense all game no adjustments I bet your offense consists of two screen plays, stretch run and deep outs. And in the All Pro Lobby those plays are much easier to complete, simple as that.

Also since human sliders are set at 25, vs 50 like in he All Pro lobby then in the legend lobby you have to be twice as good to make your plays manually, face it boy you're guppy keep swimming in the kiddie pool. I bet you play NBA 2k9 on Rookie, your post has to be one of the dumbest things I've read lately.

Last edited by s38s38s; 04-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s

Chumps like this guy want the game to be as simple as possible so they cn run their 5 play offense all game no adjustments I bet your offense consists of two screen plays, stretch run and deep outs. And in the All Pro Lobby those plays are much easier to complete, simple as that.

Also since human sliders are set at 25, vs 50 like in he All Pro lobby then in the legend lobby you have to be twice as good to make your plays manually, face it boy you're guppy keep swimming in the kiddie pool. I bet you play NBA 2k9 on Rookie, your post has to be one of the dumbest things I've read lately.
Quick clarification, are you referring to Simgod or me with this comment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Quick clarification, are you referring to Simgod or me with this comment?
Sim guy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »