Home

I wonder if 2K could do something like this...

This is a discussion on I wonder if 2K could do something like this... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
I wonder if 2K could do something like this...

I'd first like to say that I haven't played APF 2K8 outside of the demo. I'm going to pick it up shortly though.

Would it technically be illegal for them to make an APF, with teams/players that are knock offs of the true NFL teams (for ex. Orlando Pirates - Tampa Bay Bucs), players and stadiums? On a technicality, they're not using and NFL logos, player names or stadiums... So I can't see this being a huge issue.

And also, they could have a feature where people can get rosters from other people on PSN/XBL (much like the EA Locker). And some people will be kind enough to have updated the rosters to their true NFL counterparts.

If this possible, 2K should look into this. That could help them get back into the game, and get a franchise mode into APF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I wonder if 2K could do something like this...

The Pittsburgh Ironmen and the Pittsburgh Steelers are pretty close if you ask me, if they did it then, they could do it again, but I'm not sure I'd like it too much, something about this totally fake league idea really does it for me. I would like it though, if 2k would release another addition of APF or, even better to me, they release an entirely fictional league, roster and all, and then put in a franchise mode. I'd love that.

Last edited by Falkon; 04-04-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

There are many of these teams that resemble some in the NFL. The Chicago Beasts have blue (more like an aqua than a navy) and orange uniforms, and their team style is a great defense and run game and they have Dick Butkus at MLB.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Screw the fake names. Just go with the citys and replicate the colors of each team. Let the community do the rest.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

Your about 2 years late with that suggestion tonto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Banned

Yea, as I had said... I hadn't played the game yet. I just bought it last night.
It's ok, but the gameplay isn't nearly as tight as 2K5. Even 2K5 had a little bit to work on.

Still, I think they should replicate EVERY NFL team, and then just put in perhaps the Position and player number (if they're allowed, which I don't think they can).
Old 04-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

See, the rest of the world and I thought the features were a bit lacking in 2k8, but the gameplay was miles ahead of 2k5, and that 2k5 was and is still ahead of every football game on the market today. The best playing football game released to date is APF and anyone who has played it finds it difficult to disagree. 2k5 did need some touching up in the gameplay department, and it was done when 2k8 was released.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

APF should have been created much like College Hoops 2K8; the game had basically full customization (CAPs, rosters, teams, colors, court, mascots, cheerleaders, playbooks, etc) and a feature called 2KShare where you can upload & swap rosters, settings, franchises, etc.

2K just plain MESSED UP with how they short-changed APF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »