Home

It's Official: No 2k10

This is a discussion on It's Official: No 2k10 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: It's Official: No 2k10

lol, if you play a good player trying to run the Bears defense, you are going to get smoked. There is a reason why no one runs it in the NFL anymore.

It also depends on team builds. Some teams i guess you can hang with while using it, but if your playing someone thats really good at passing the ball, its going to be bad news all day long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I saw this coming, but I have to admit this is very disappointing by VC. I don't see their thought process and their marketing plan for this game. They marketed the legends minimally when 2K8 first came out and of course it didn't sell well. And what, they just decide to release a game one year and wait who knows how many years for the next installment? The game was rushed and lacked depth in my eyes because I like to play offline as well as online. They eliminated a lot of the great cutscenes in NFL2K5, like the fans cheerin and dumb stuff like that. But I thought that stuff was cool, I liked that stuff, me personally. Obviously, APF is far better than Madden, but that's not a hard feat to accomplish.

Maybe I'm just venting because I'm disappointed right now, but it just stinks knowing how much potential this game has and to see it constantly get shelfed is not promising. The game was good, but from a company that made NFL2K5, I definetly expected more from it. Maybe I'm frugal with my money, but I set expectations high when I buy video games now a days. They aren't cheap.

I want a new product... but also I want them to take their time with the next installment. They don't necessarily have to release it at the start of an NFL season. As long as they know the audience of fans to pull, they will sell alright.
It was as polished a football game thats ever been released. They never intended it to be on the NFL2K5 level as far as depth is concerned. They came out and said up front from the start that this game was made for the 2K5 fans and that the replayability was going to be online.

They were not going to go ful bells and whistles with the game and they end up just losing money.

I keep telling the folks i know that work at 2K we need another one. lol I rather have a new VC football game more then any other game in the world. I love me some football, but done right on the field. 2K8 was the last one to have it done right or at least close to it. lol
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #43
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

I guess I was thinking about it today and it bothers me that games like Half Life 2 (Orange Box), Chronicles of Riddick, etc are basically last-gen games that have been revamped and ported over to the current consoles yet VC/2K does nothing with their football engine. Why not pull out the many presentation & "little things" aspects of 2K5 (of course, removing NFL & ESPN licensed properties) and port them over with APF gameplay and create a new game but without the Legends. Development costs would be minimal and the game could be sold at a lower price point ($49.99?) or even as DLC (see: GTA: Lost & Damned).
Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #44
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
lol, if you play a good player trying to run the Bears defense, you are going to get smoked.
Yeah, smoked "like a salmon".
Old 04-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It was as polished a football game thats ever been released.

I don't disagree with that, that's definitely true. However, as I said before I expected more, not simple polishes. I should have elaborated more in my previous post. Most of the animations in 2K8 were in 2K5, they added no new gang tackling animations in 2K8, the graphics in 2K8 were subpar. I'm sure it took a lot of effort to get legends to sign with the game, I give them props for that. But overall, the game seemed rushed compared to every other 2K football game.

Also, not directed at the person I quoted, but because the game has online doesn't make it deep lol. All games have online now, and 2K games have had online capability since 2K1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #46
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

lol madden is still king
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I don't disagree with that, that's definitely true. However, as I said before I expected more, not simple polishes. I should have elaborated more in my previous post. Most of the animations in 2K8 were in 2K5, they added no new gang tackling animations in 2K8, the graphics in 2K8 were subpar. I'm sure it took a lot of effort to get legends to sign with the game, I give them props for that. But overall, the game seemed rushed compared to every other 2K football game.

Also, not directed at the person I quoted, but because the game has online doesn't make it deep lol. All games have online now, and 2K games have had online capability since 2K1.
a simple patch/update would be suffucient.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
lol madden is still king
King of what? Cheese? Madden is a terrible game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »