Home

It's Official: No 2k10

This is a discussion on It's Official: No 2k10 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #49
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: It's Official: No 2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
lol madden is still king
feel free to go post in the "madden" lovers forum....Its all football so get over it.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I guess I was thinking about it today and it bothers me that games like Half Life 2 (Orange Box), Chronicles of Riddick, etc are basically last-gen games that have been revamped and ported over to the current consoles yet VC/2K does nothing with their football engine. Why not pull out the many presentation & "little things" aspects of 2K5 (of course, removing NFL & ESPN licensed properties) and port them over with APF gameplay and create a new game but without the Legends. Development costs would be minimal and the game could be sold at a lower price point ($49.99?) or even as DLC (see: GTA: Lost & Damned).
Them games make pretty damned good money. Releasing a football game with all the bells and whistles without the NFL is risky. People use the PES game, but its kind of different. Football only sells in the states really. This is a country where (i used this before) that American Idol and Dancing with the has beens is the top watched program in America.

Its to risky for them right now. I dont think people get that. They just say, well do this and this and it will sell. The thing is, we really dont know if it will. It may get a few sales, but the effort of a game like that may not be rewarding for them, for us? Absolutely, but for from a business point of view, its a huge risk regardless of what us rabid fans say.

Just go look at how many people say i dont play it becuase it doesnt have the NFL on it. The USA as much as it pains me to say it is a spoiled freaking country, if it doesnt have a brand name, they dont want it.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

this is very sad news to hear! i guess its because 2k thought with the economy no one would buy the game they released with the current NFL players which is understandable. I just wish that 2k would at least make better games for the NBA and the MLB since they have so much more time to focus on those 2 games without a football game. I honestly feel that 2K has not been the same.

nba2k9 was such a big dissapointment its not even funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #52
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
nba2k9 was such a big dissapointment its not even funny
not to me...im loving the mod community for the PC version still a fun game for me

the first madden trailer for madden10 was very disappointing....gah...this stings more that 2k isnt releasing a football game this year...i really hope that theyre actually working/tweaking the engine some more for next year (if there is a next year)

madden lacks that soul in the players...its just the way they move that 2k really captures really well...the most complaint ive seen in the madden forum is that their robotic...just lifeless to me..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Theres no way in hell an NHL game would sell more than APF... Atleast, not a full featured APF. A nonlicensed football game *could* sell if they atleast stuck with it more than a year.

Anyway, Im just a broken record here. I hope someone else steps up to try to compete with Madden, it would be better for everyone. Obviously it aint gonna be 2K.
Well, according to VG Chartz, All Pro Football 2K8 had more than double the sales of NHL 2K8...

NHL 2K8 - .12 million
APF 2K8 - .27 million

Yet 2K still makes hockey games and doesn't come out with another APF?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #54
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Them games make pretty damned good money. Releasing a football game with all the bells and whistles without the NFL is risky. People use the PES game, but its kind of different. Football only sells in the states really. This is a country where (i used this before) that American Idol and Dancing with the has beens is the top watched program in America.

Its to risky for them right now. I dont think people get that. They just say, well do this and this and it will sell. The thing is, we really dont know if it will. It may get a few sales, but the effort of a game like that may not be rewarding for them, for us? Absolutely, but for from a business point of view, its a huge risk regardless of what us rabid fans say.

Just go look at how many people say i dont play it becuase it doesnt have the NFL on it. The USA as much as it pains me to say it is a spoiled freaking country, if it doesnt have a brand name, they dont want it.
Why can't 2K make a football game where you can edit teams, players, stadiums, conferences, etc. then you could make what you want like say, the NFL ? Would that be a legal problem?

How could it be, if 2K doesn't put the "NFL" in there, but the users do. We put real college players in our editable NCAA games (and even share them online), how is that different? Or you could just make up any league for that matter.
I would buy that game if you were able to do that. God knows, we have some real talented people here that could make great rosters/teams/stadium/etc. and are willing to put the time in. So why don't/won't/can't they (2K)?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

It sucks and i do this when i think of the nfl exclusive liscense. I remember reading the news on IGN and it really didnt hit me untill there was ONLY madden on the shelves. I was used to gameday, 2k, madden, fever...and all of the sudden, just madden. Plus the game was AWFUL on next gen in 06. It was putrid in 07, garbage in 08, and i guess boring in 09. Hopefully EA will turn it around since its the only nfl liscensed next gen game thats going to be on the store shelves at least till 2013
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
It sucks and i do this when i think of the nfl exclusive liscense. I remember reading the news on IGN and it really didnt hit me untill there was ONLY madden on the shelves. I was used to gameday, 2k, madden, fever...and all of the sudden, just madden. Plus the game was AWFUL on next gen in 06. It was putrid in 07, garbage in 08, and i guess boring in 09. Hopefully EA will turn it around since its the only nfl liscensed next gen game thats going to be on the store shelves at least till 2013
2k football series is a good series. On another note Madden 10 is looking good so far. There's alot of interaction from the devs in the Madden forums right now, tweaking things as the community points it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »