Home

2002 Super Bowl Champions (Buccaneers)

This is a discussion on 2002 Super Bowl Champions (Buccaneers) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
2002 Super Bowl Champions (Buccaneers)

OK I don't wanna piggy back Kaseys thread and would like some imput on the roster. See if people think its a fair assesment.

2002 Buccaneers 12-4 Super Bowl Champs.

G: Derrick Brooks RLB Pro Bowl (Speed, Strength, Leadership, Clutch, Quick Feet)

G: Simeon Rice* RDE Pro Bowl (Speed, Quick Feet, Closing Speed, Spin, Club) *Could go with either him or Sapp at gold.

S: Warren Sapp DT Pro Bowl (Quick Feet, Club)
S: John Lynch SS Pro Bowl (Foot Steps, Quick Feet)
S: Brad Johnson QB Pro Bowl (Pocket Presense, Leadership)

B: Mike Alstott FB Pro Bowl (BAB)
B: Shelton Quarles LLB* Pro Bowl (Quick Feet) *Played MLB in 2002 but was a LLB before.
B: Ronde Barber CB (Quick Feet)
B: Brian Kelly CB (Quick Feet)
B: Keyshawn Johnson WR (Possesion)
B: Keynan McCardell (BAB)

I could have used Pittman or even Dexter Jackson and that would have fit my style a bit better, but I decided to reserve a spot for each Pro Bowler. Then I couldn't leave off Barber, and Kelly lead the league in INT's in 2002 so he had to be there.

I couldn't decide between Key, and McC so I took both...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: 2002 Super Bowl Champions (Buccaneers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain053
OK I don't wanna piggy back Kaseys thread and would like some imput on the roster. See if people think its a fair assesment.

2002 Buccaneers 12-4 Super Bowl Champs.

G: Derrick Brooks RLB Pro Bowl (Speed, Strength, Leadership, Clutch, Quick Feet)

G: Simeon Rice* RDE Pro Bowl (Speed, Quick Feet, Closing Speed, Spin, Club) *Could go with either him or Sapp at gold.

S: Warren Sapp DT Pro Bowl (Quick Feet, Club)
S: John Lynch SS Pro Bowl (Foot Steps, Quick Feet)
S: Brad Johnson QB Pro Bowl (Pocket Presense, Leadership)

B: Mike Alstott FB Pro Bowl (BAB)
B: Shelton Quarles LLB* Pro Bowl (Quick Feet) *Played MLB in 2002 but was a LLB before.
B: Ronde Barber CB (Quick Feet)
B: Brian Kelly CB (Quick Feet)
B: Keyshawn Johnson WR (Possesion)
B: Keynan McCardell (BAB)

I could have used Pittman or even Dexter Jackson and that would have fit my style a bit better, but I decided to reserve a spot for each Pro Bowler. Then I couldn't leave off Barber, and Kelly lead the league in INT's in 2002 so he had to be there.

I couldn't decide between Key, and McC so I took both...
Looks good but I would think Dexter Jackson would have been on it since I believe he was Superbowl MVP right???

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 89

IMO

Warren Sapp Gold

Keyshawn Silver

Brad Johnson Bronze
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
IMO

Warren Sapp Gold

Keyshawn Silver

Brad Johnson Bronze
Keyshawn could have been a Silver on a better offensive team, Keyshawn had a pedestrian 76 Rec, 1088 Yards, and 5 TD's.
Brad completed 63% with 3000 yards 22 TD's and only 6 INT's.
The Buccaneers offense barely scraped 21 points a game. It was very important that they made the most of every possesion. That ment not turning the ball over was the difference between winning and losing. Brad Johnson doesn't get enough credit for the impact he had on the team winning a Super Bowl that season. It's understandable because that defense is IMHO a top 5 all time single season defense.

Sapp and Rice are interchangable. Already said that. Rice had 15.5 sacks in 2002 though. Sapp only had 7.5.

Hitman regarding Dexter Jackson....
He sucked. Had one good game (ala Larry Brown 95 Cowboys) and the Cardinals paid dearly for it in free agency the next season. A generic plays as good. I wouldn't mind justifying a spot though since I like 4 DB's in my scheme. He just isn't worth it.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'd ditch strength bonus for Brooks and substitute coverage. He was known for his ability to play (and even pick) the ball in coverage, and I wouldn't put him at the elite level for raw strength, even if he was functional and stronger than average for his size.

JMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

I prefer a gold warren sapp with a silver simeon rice with: speed burner, sack master, or sack master rip, or speed burner +rip..whatever your preference

When I made this team for a league I went:

Defense:

LB: Derrick Brooks-Speed, Coverage, Run Coverage, Quick Feet, CLosing Speed
LB: Shelton Quarels- CLosing Speed
DT: Warren Sapp: LEadership, Pass Rush, Quick Feet, Club, Bull Rush
DE: Simen Rice- Speed Burner, Rip
CB: Ronde Barber: Run Coverage, CLutch
CB: Brian Kelly: Ball Hawk
SS: John Lynch: Run Reader, Big Hit

Offense:

HB: Mike Alstott-Power
WR: Key-Tough in Middle
WR: Keenan McCardell-Soft Hands
QB: Brad Johnson- Laser Arm.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Rookie

To Autumwind: I agree, but it was a typo anyways. Switch strength and closing speed on Rice and Brooks. Thats how I made them.

Kia: I've tried both Rice and Sapp out at gold. Sapp's production was almost identical at each spot. Rice was useless at silver for me, he even took plays off with poor stamina. Could be just the builds. I could go either way with those two because IMO they were both Golds.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Good team. Derrick Brooks is a DB in at OLB basically . He roams and makes impact plays just like that team did.

It's too bad Kelly lead the league in INT's because a 2nd safety fits the style of the tampa 2 they ran.

Too bad our connection bonked out last night.... I was just about to score with big Franco Harris We'll have to do it again soon.

I changed Mel Blount to a silver and Jack Ham to a bronze just to balance the defense. Both players are top 5 all time at their position IMO so it's really just whatever makes the defense better overall in my eyes.

The next challenge... which I'm not sure I will accept... is to run the 70's steelers offense. That'd be the pro set.... oh boy! I've avoided running that formation the whole time I've owned APF . Not sure how far into realism I want to go. I noticed you run a west coast-ish style offense with your bucs... so maybe I should nut up and play the right way too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »