Home

Bump and Run

This is a discussion on Bump and Run within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #25
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Bump and Run

oddly enough there are a few Zone coverages...(Cant think of right now)that bump the WR's off their routes.Now to me it looks like P.I. cause it is often after 5 yrds but then again what do I know.the A.I. rairely call it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
oddly enough there are a few Zone coverages...(Cant think of right now)that bump the WR's off their routes.Now to me it looks like P.I. cause it is often after 5 yrds but then again what do I know.the A.I. rairely call it
Maybe the man-zone coverages. If so I need to get at those!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Speaking of the Steelers defense. Kasey did you know that the Steel Curtain is where the Cover 2 originated?

Dungy designed his cover 2 off of the lessons he learned from Bud Carson when he played for Pittsburgh.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain053
Speaking of the Steelers defense. Kasey did you know that the Steel Curtain is where the Cover 2 originated?

Dungy designed his cover 2 off of the lessons he learned from Bud Carson when he played for Pittsburgh.
That's how I heard it. I can actually emulate the cover 2 pretty good in this game with my Steeler build.

Things they can do that are necessary to run a base cover 2:

- Stop the run with 7 in the box
- Pressure the QB with 4 rushers - big game DE
- ILB can take the deep middle
- DT that can disrupt
- LB's that are reactive in zone

Problems:

- When the safeties are challenged, they fold easily.
- Give up many big plays.
- essentially "Waste" Mel Blount when sitting in a flat where he can be easily avoided. To circumvent this I like to use Cover 2 zone CB man.

Anyway, yeah I did know that... pretty cool! Maybe I should make Blount a bronze again and make Ham a silver again to run more cover 2 base stuff.

HMMM?!?! I'll stew over it tonight
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have been real busy lately, but I wanted to try a Silver with Bump Master and Clutch. In theory, it would work well on third downs, when it is most annoying when they just let the WR run right past.

Maybe you can give that a try.

I dont think i've ever used a CB with clutch before.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
I have been real busy lately, but I wanted to try a Silver with Bump Master and Clutch. In theory, it would work well on third downs, when it is most annoying when they just let the WR run right past.

Maybe you can give that a try.

I dont think i've ever used a CB with clutch before.
You are in for a treat!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer

If you know about s38, you know him and LankyLegs are bff. They are also best friends with a guy name Relentless who I am friends with and he told me they taught him how to Freeze games... This explains there records over the years of being 100-3 and such...

My own personal experience...
I played s38 on my FootballSchemer name, I was up 7-0 and after he failed to score on 4th down the game froze. I didn't think much of it at the time. A year later I play s38 again on a different name (ShowStompa) and being up 35 - 7 he freezes the game.

Thats when I realized he has control over game freezes, I started doing research and players such as Freakish Mind has confirmed they have froze the game on him as welll...

So here are your confirmed Freezers of APF
LankyLegs
s38 (SetFree Xx)
Relentless

If you read the Visionary's message on youtube he tells you that game is vs Lanklegz (listen to what he says @ 17-19 seconds)...don't post sh!t and leave out facts...

He posted that video months ago originally back on the 2k forums...another example of a guy just starting crap after getting his *** kicked with his cheese tactics back in the days of Calvary 7 enough said get a life kid.

Also I've only played Freakish mind once...I won that game, even after he said he saw why Val thought I was cheese but its on him to switch out of 4-3 vs 4-5 wide. You just don't get it do you, even your so called proof didn't involve my name...you're a known cheeser whose had to join his own league with two names, lie about who you are, you have no room to point a finger @ me over speculation. So you can get off my swag kid and keep singing your tunes, I guess you had a bad day lol...

Last edited by s38s38s; 05-18-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
The way my safeties play it may as well be a cover 0 . The trouble I have with these is people KNOW you are coming with everything and it's really hard to hide. If someone knows it's cover 0 before the snap I am kind of annoyed. Maybe I need to vary it up with my safety... I don't know.

When you do any all out blitz roll a coverage shell for your secondary..that way you get your opponent to start thinking zone when its a man all out blitz....(change cov shell before it shows your teams walk to the line of scrimmage). Second use the show blitz from time to time just so guys will think you're coming and then your LB's drop back then throw in that all out Blitz. Its a high risk high reward....but if anyone can pull it off it'd be you, I probably have more trouble vs your DEF than anyone...I'm always guessing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »