Home

Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk

This is a discussion on Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 89
Re: Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Nice stuff Scheme. I also talked about the 3-3-5 on purpose because I knew would be one of the first to read and I want to put a end to your loved spread.
Ha well you have half my name in your thread

When facing the 3-3-5 you need to be able to run the spread under center and in shotgun and have a good mixture of mixing it up and even formation shift... (How I run my 90's Bills)

Number 1 weakness against the 3-3-5 is the up the middle run, might not get you a huge gain, but you will get yards. Trapping with your guards is a good idea to exploit the 3 down line man or just straight dives...

You establish a running game, linebackers start pinching in, then we can go to the play action and catch a wide open zone created by having a solid run game..
Old 05-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

How do you get the 3-3-5 to work in APF? This was the defense I ran in high school and it would be awesome if I could get it in APF.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
Banned

Best way to Slow Down Spread
Constantly change your Coverages... Catch the offense off guard and it can cause a turn over.

Offense's usually call a play based on your last coverage you ran, if you show one thing and next play do another, it will lead to confusion for the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

A couple of things I personally can't figure out and would be interested to discuss if folks are willing:

4-5 wide sets with an in/slant, an out, and a corner. In a cover 2, the corner will be open. In a cover 3 the slant will be open. In a cover 4 the out will be open. In man you have a chance, but you have to either 1) get a great pass rush and disrupt timing or 2) hope that your man coverage holds up. Suggestions?

I also struggle vs. the play where there are 3 guys on one side and one on the other, with the lone WR running a post and 2 of the bunched guys running a post and a corner.

I'm starting to branch out and take certain routes away manually with DBs, but I'm still searching for the proper understanding of my defensive calls so that I can put the rest of my defense in a position to succeed.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 14

untitled.bmp

I give this away with much trepidation because it's undoubtedly my favorite passing play. With the correct personnel, it's unstoppable. Without the correct personnel, it's still dang good.

Breakdown:

The isolated WR on the left should have Bump Buster and preferably by a Silver with Quick Feet, Poss Rec, or Route God.
Dante Lavelli, Charley Taylor, Andre Reed

TE can be anybody, I like Eric Green.

First WR to the right is usually generic for me. This guy gets the least amount of catches on this play.

Second WR on the right running an should be your bronze, or RB, with Soft Hands. It doesn't have to be a good route, it's the combo of it that works. In fact, I feel it works better when run a bit more slowly, which is what you get with bronzes.
Yancy Thigpen, Anthony Carter, etc.

The last WR running the fade should be a Speed Burner, preferably with Deep Threat. If you put James Lofton here, it's over.

The key is the reads on the play. It's impossible to checkdown through 5 WR, so you read from either side depending on the situation.

Either begin with the arrow route, and force the MLB to make a decision between the Bump Buster WR and the TE. If both are covered (which is rare) take a peak to the right side of the field, where you'll see either you Speed Burner dusting the Safety, or your underneath out route open for 4-10 yards, depending on if he has room for YAC.

The key to stopping it is getting quick pressure, because I have yet to see a coverage that will stop it consistently.

Add this to your playbook, and I promise you will give the D fits.

Last edited by skidsboroff; 05-28-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

It's precisely this kind of play that's killing me. Cover 2 will give up the slants, cover 3 will give up the slant and the out, cover 4 will give up the slant and the out, and man will give up one of the slants, or the homerun fade if there's no safety help.

I feel like there's so much I don't understand about defense when I face plays like these, as it seems to me that I just have to get lucky and get a good pass rush to slow that down.

It's a great concept, but I'm convinced it has to have an antidote that's schematic.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 14

Rolling zones confuse the route progression.

Cover 3-under ain't bad.

You can't run cover two against it if you have Lofton or a Gold CAP with Speed Burner (Roy Green '84 Cardinals, 1,500 yards!) running the fade. He beats the SS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
It's precisely this kind of play that's killing me. Cover 2 will give up the slants, cover 3 will give up the slant and the out, cover 4 will give up the slant and the out, and man will give up one of the slants, or the homerun fade if there's no safety help.

I feel like there's so much I don't understand about defense when I face plays like these, as it seems to me that I just have to get lucky and get a good pass rush to slow that down.

It's a great concept, but I'm convinced it has to have an antidote that's schematic.
Your right, so you have to Modify your coverage and now that we know the play lets see what we can do to stop.

Yellow - Man Up
Blue - Zone
Green - Manual Control

Lets get into 4-3 Cover 2 Soft

Hot Checks
Right Corner into Deep zone
Left Corner to MAN UP Bump

when facing one receiver on onside its best to man him up

Now during the play we are going to control the LOLB, the only route that will be open this play is the out, were going to bait the QB giving the out route room and with the right timing break an angel to cut off the out route manually

RB Manually INT's

Good Luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »