Home

Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk

This is a discussion on Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #17
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Schemes, Playbooks, Personnel talk

Very nice stuff gentlemen. A great thread indeed.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm assuming in your diagram you'd have to control the MLB and hope to make a play. In a cover 2 soft, those double slants are going into one zone, and the MLB can't address them both. You'd have to keep medium spacing and just hope you can get a bad throw or make a play manually. To my mind, that's a pretty easy completion.

Am I misunderstanding the diagram? I know you say to take the LOLB and bait and jump the out, but I can't see those slants not being money every time in that coverage.

And by the way, I know there's no perfect coverage, etc. I suppose you just have to gamble on certain plays using down and distance and hope that the MLB won't give up more than 7-8 yards.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
How do you get the 3-3-5 to work in APF? This was the defense I ran in high school and it would be awesome if I could get it in APF.
Just ask LeeroyJenkyns how to use it since that is the only defense no matter the situation that he uses.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
MVP

IMO opinion the best way to defend the play that Schemer has drawn up is in Bump Man. This is the whole reason I started playing Bump Man is because of these type of offenses and players online.

I will tell what is key to playing a Bump Man in this defense.

Great manual Safety play.

1. Shade your CB's outside.
2. Bring your fastest Safety manually down in the box to cover the slants/in routes.
3. Know where your weakness is and your match up problem is.
4. I have been playing with 2 Gold CB's lately so I know I have 2 areas where I have a great match up.
5. I would take the safety that only 1 WR is on.
6. Be ready to bail out deep as fast as you can if needed.
7. If you play a 3-2 Bump make sure you use the LB to spy the QB.
8. Make sure you hot route your other safety to cover the deep sideline in case they run the fade. The safety will cover to far inside naturally if you don't hot route him.
9. Best thing you can do is have a beast at DE or DT that can limit the time you give the QB.

Zone defense will get eaten up by this play if they no what they are doing.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

AW, I'm with Hitman on the short spread plays. With zones you are really hoping the guy mis-reads it and that isn't that common with the experience of our opponents. Being in shotgun, it is hard to get to the QB fast enough... but possible.

If you run a 5 man rush were you blitz a DB... you can force a quick throw.

Another idea: 4 man rush - man bump - manually take away certain inside routes. Know which guys will get bumped (on LOS). These guys you leave more to chance. Focus on the un-bumped and take them away.

That's how I play and more often than not hte defense wins. It can leave you open for big ones sometimes against heavy talent, but it can also force big sacks and INT's.

I think if you are just aware of who will be running free in man defense you can really force your hand make the opponent throw to your area

With good manual anticipation you can still run zones, but gosh posts, outs and fades.. well almost anything can just shred those zones right up, especially in a spread play like this. It's really easy to isolate 1 are of the field and just take yards by the chunks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #22
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I've been running with a squad with two bump masters at corners and a free safety with ball hawk. Up front I'll run with a DE with strong pass rush abilities, an OLB that can rush the passer and a MLB that can cover the run, but also hold his own in the pass game.

The key is getting pressure up front to throw the timing of the QB off. Still, if I can't get pressure, I've got the DB's that can bump and (hopefully) disrupt the timing and then have the safeties with help over the top.

On offense, I've always run a ball-controlled attack, so I look to counter the spread by going on long, sustained drives.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
MVP

Here is another tip that I don;t think I have seen done by anyone else but myself.

If your opponent has more than 2 legend WR's or more legend WR's than you do Legend CB's than the best way to counter this is like this.

You know you will probably double there best weapon or keep a close eye on them right? So thinking this way you should take your legend CB and put him on there 3rd best WR so you can at least eliminate that threat by the better CB. Take your 3rd best CB and put him on there best WR or there go to guy and double him manually or just using the game adjustments.

If you can take away 2 of there threats single handedly by having better legend CB's so you can concentrate on there best WR with double teams than you stand a better chance at stopping his offense.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #24
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Ok, I don't think I'm gonna play online anymore...lol. I think I have good football knowledge, but for some reason, I never try to apply it to the game. I don't feel like thinking that much..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »