Home

Substitution Issues

This is a discussion on Substitution Issues within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Substitution Issues

Recently I made a team with two legend SS's, one of whom was subbed as a FS. I changed up the roster and got a legitimate FS. The problem is now I can't move him to his natural FS position. One of the original SS's holds onto the SS spot, but a generic holds onto the FS spot. The problem here is that despite my best efforts, I can't bench the generic and get my legend FS onto the field. PLEES HALP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Substitution Issues

to be honest, there's no real solution. i encountered that problem, thought i found a way to work around it, but it ultimately ruined every team i had, so i had to delete everything and start from scratch. basically, just have your guys at their natural positions, and then make those substitutions in the game's pause menu before kickoff. once you get good, it takes like 30 seconds.

sorry, bro.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

I think there's workarounds if you try. Look at your lineup, is that FS subbed in anywhere else, like at CB? If he is, sub in a generic for him at that position and try again. Also try subbing the generic somewhere else. That has worked for me also. For example, try subbing that SS generic as a starting corner, then sub the CB back in, then try subbing the FS in at FS. It's a quirky weird system that relies on who is listed at third string, who is prioritized for a position ect., but play around with it and it will work.

Last edited by teambayern; 05-31-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Yes, you are basically screwed at this point. There isn't any way to reset subs so it is always good to have 1 team created from scratch* this way you can copy & paste that teams playbook (which also copies all subs) to your current team. Use the playbook coping trick (http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179544) to do this.

If you don't want to go through all that trouble I'd suggest you do what teambayern stated. Look around for where said player is at on the Substitutions screens and sub him in there. For instance, with 2 SS's as you stated, make sure the guy you want to be your FS is 2nd on the depth chart. From there, go through the Substitutions screens and manually sub him into that spot on each and every Package. Sometimes a player will REFUSE to swap so you may have to go into Formation itself and sub individually... this generally only happens on the Dime & 3-2-Dime formations though. It's a pain, but that's all you can really do.

Hope that helps.

* If you've ever created all 8 teams at one time, you will not be able to create a new team with no subs from scratch, unless you've never done any subs to that team. You will have to create a whole new roster file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »