Home

Tackling/Hitting with the Right Stick

This is a discussion on Tackling/Hitting with the Right Stick within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Tackling/Hitting with the Right Stick

Any tips?

It seems when I go for the legs, and im very close, I just fall down or get run over. The only thing I can seem to do well is reach tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Tackling/Hitting with the Right Stick

only go for leg and upper tackling if you are running downhill on a player. any other time, just regular tackle. There are some really good people that can use the right stick tackling, but my best pet is go into practice mode, run the same play over and over and get used of it that way. I am ok with it, but not great. I use it though when i know i can lay a lick. Its great with line backers and safties to jar the ball loose on a catch.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
only go for leg and upper tackling if you are running downhill on a player. any other time, just regular tackle. There are some really good people that can use the right stick tackling, but my best pet is go into practice mode, run the same play over and over and get used of it that way. I am ok with it, but not great. I use it though when i know i can lay a lick. Its great with line backers and safties to jar the ball loose on a catch.
So only up or legs when going directly downhill. What about clicking the stick.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
So only up or legs when going directly downhill. What about clicking the stick.
click is the big hit, but the problem with that, is that you dont really dive. You just throw your shoulder into the guy. You have to really be sure you are going to make that hit when you click it. If not, your going to miss and the guy is going to be off to the races.

When you learn how to use it, its awesome though. I have jarred passes loose using it and it actually feels like you caused it.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Add big hit to the list of hits to do only when head on. But reach tackles should be used more then regular tackling if you want to be successful. They are crucial to stopping players from getting extra yards and for closing holes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

With the big hit click I have some great games and lots of games where I miss completely. The issue is that practice mode is 60 FPS and online games only 30, so it screws with the timing. You have to do it pretty late online to land it. But man is it fun. I swear it affects ballcarriers.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Regular tackles - open field "wrap" tackles - to be safe. Most boring tackles

Reach tackles- when you overpursue you can "reach" back and grab the ballcarrier. It mimics a "cutback" from the RB. Nice tool to use at LB especially to stop the run. The CPU does it ALL the time. CPU LB's oftentimes sit in a gap and reach at the RB when they finally attack the LOS. Also - use while engaged with a block! You can reach and grab a guy while being blocked (generally need the ability to do so). Makes ILB's better between the tackles for sure.

High Tackles - I believe would help tackle finesse RB's and Finesse MOVES in general. The hits are generally more violent than a regular tackle. I think it is the counter to finesse moves. Power moves or even just running can break through these tackels sometimes unless landed just right. ALSO from behind - horse collar tackles! FUN!

Low Tackles- Counter power moves - Stiff Arm, Branch Tackle, Battering Ram. Take out the legs while a guy is making a cut, or trying to run you over. Seems to work nicer with more frail tacklers to take out big guys. I believe you can finesse your way out of these a bit easier.

Big Hits - best part of playing defense . Whenever you have the momentum advantage and the angle (think "downhill" as described above) you can land big shots fairly easy. They become intuitive after a reception or when a RB is stuck in a hole or making a cut to just POP them! Tough to land. Work great in a crowd (it's worth a try right?!). Low risk for big play situations especially against non-big play offensive players (FB's, slower RB's/TE/WR) it's great to at least try to blow the guy up and force a fumble.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Regular tackles - open field "wrap" tackles - to be safe. Most boring tackles

Reach tackles- when you overpursue you can "reach" back and grab the ballcarrier. It mimics a "cutback" from the RB. Nice tool to use at LB especially to stop the run. The CPU does it ALL the time. CPU LB's oftentimes sit in a gap and reach at the RB when they finally attack the LOS. Also - use while engaged with a block! You can reach and grab a guy while being blocked (generally need the ability to do so). Makes ILB's better between the tackles for sure.

High Tackles - I believe would help tackle finesse RB's and Finesse MOVES in general. The hits are generally more violent than a regular tackle. I think it is the counter to finesse moves. Power moves or even just running can break through these tackels sometimes unless landed just right. ALSO from behind - horse collar tackles! FUN!

Low Tackles- Counter power moves - Stiff Arm, Branch Tackle, Battering Ram. Take out the legs while a guy is making a cut, or trying to run you over. Seems to work nicer with more frail tacklers to take out big guys. I believe you can finesse your way out of these a bit easier.

Big Hits - best part of playing defense . Whenever you have the momentum advantage and the angle (think "downhill" as described above) you can land big shots fairly easy. They become intuitive after a reception or when a RB is stuck in a hole or making a cut to just POP them! Tough to land. Work great in a crowd (it's worth a try right?!). Low risk for big play situations especially against non-big play offensive players (FB's, slower RB's/TE/WR) it's great to at least try to blow the guy up and force a fumble.
Ronnie Lott eats Franco Harris at KFC.

Last edited by firrea80; 06-17-2009 at 04:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »