Home

Need any help?

This is a discussion on Need any help? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Need any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
Is there a way to actually get your guys to spy the QB? I pushed the proper button, but it's not working... And do you know how to do it on 2K5? (I know this isn't 2K5, but I thought you might know...)
If you're doing it with the RE (looks like the LE looking at the TV) then if the QB rolls right he's gonna have a lot of traffic to fight through to catch up. Ideally you should do it out of a 3-man D-Line (3-4,3-3,3-2) that way you don't lose too much coverage. Personally I never have to QB spy, if you have good DE's then you can just pick the contain line stunt and they do a good job of reeling in the slow as molases QB's with speedburner. As far as 2k5 I can't remember.

Off topic, anyone know why the QB's are soooo slow, I mean whats the point of having a speed burner QB if he's not a threat to scramble, unless its vs man. I mean theres a way to counter it but the QB scramble isn't really all that effective.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

How do you stop opponents who uses overpowered CAPs? I just played a guy who ran hurry up the entire game and constantly ran up the gut with a 400 lbs. RB who appeared to have good speed.

On a sidenote, would anyone like to meet up and actually play a legit game of football? I'm sick of playing 12 year olds who get an e-peen boost from beating me with BS tactics.

GT is UberQuake.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
How do you stop opponents who uses overpowered CAPs? I just played a guy who ran hurry up the entire game and constantly ran up the gut with a 400 lbs. RB who appeared to have good speed.

On a sidenote, would anyone like to meet up and actually play a legit game of football? I'm sick of playing 12 year olds who get an e-peen boost from beating me with BS tactics.

GT is UberQuake.
I'll add you. I might be on tonight. Haven't played a lobby game in 2009 because of that crap.

Re: S38s

What's the importance of motioning your WR away from the power-O/? Is there some type of synergy there or does it just work better?

I do agree with your fav. defensive build. A similar build won me an undefeated championship in a league. You NEED a loaded offense to compete with that defensive build, and it really does work nice.

I don't like putting absolutes on things, but I get what you mean with blitzing. Also, I've had great success running blitzes with OLB's and razor stunts, so the game isn't that simple where you only want to do this or that. Lambert is a beast on blitzes because of his Bull Rush.

That defense with 2 safeties just gets so tough because you can't use normal tactics to break the cover 2 or 3 with MLB deep mid zones. Corner routes get covered pretty nicely for the most part with legends and you are forced to use other tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

GT is UberQuake.
heres an easy fix for ya, just screen your lobby opponents,and mabe join one of te OS laegues like SQL,I guarantee you will enjoy.I havent played a random lobby gm in months.Its just so much better playin Os guys
Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Something I've never figured out is how the coverage audibles work for DBs and LBs. The zone assignments seem nonsensical to me, and I've never figured out which routes a give hot route will work for, so I rarely re-route a LB or DB to a different zone; I usually only switch them from zone to man.

Any breakdown of how these work at different positions on the field would be great.
I'll give you my oppinion on this but it can be different for a lot of people. I averaged 13 points allowed each game so I like to think my defense was good. That's playing against the best players but different people do different things with the hot zones. I personaly only hot zoned the 2 soft and cover 4 middle linebacker to a short zone. That big oval zone in the middle doesn't cover anything. If you hot zone him to a smaller area in the middle he will play the slants much better. Also if you think you opponent is going to run a deep post from the TE or slot hot zone him to a deep zone. The middle line backer is the most important position on defense for this game. I almost always had a gold but no less than a silver. I prefered to use CAP NFL players but if you don't then i would get Derrick Thomas. He is the best to play that position. Trust me! Wilcox is good but DT is better against the run and pass IMP.

Also you want to look at manning guys up inside of zones. I love the cover 4 out of 34 defense because you can man up the extra blitz lb on a WR without having to give up coverage. Or you can just manually control him to guard a route your opponent seams to be in love with. You can do the same thing out of any 3 down linemen set. So 33 and 32.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need more help.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
What adjustments do you use in regard to the fade? I notice you are often confident in running a cover 4 defense in a 2 zone press look.

Any secret to your power-O runs out of I formation? You consistently torched me with those for over a year. Does it work especially good against certain line stunts?

What line stunt did you use the most to generate that inside pass rush with your legend DE (Rip, Pass Rush Bonus)? All in?

How often did you blitz? Do you think it's worth it? Is there a good way to make your players use good blitz angles?
It depends on if I think my opponent will run the fade. I will normally get burned one time on it before I start playing it hard. Once I know it is something my opponent is looking to do I will play cover 4 shade outside and depending on my corners i will leave them where they are or bump them up one notch. Most of the time if i realize they are going to be running the fade a lot I will start playing 2 corners and controlling the wide side of the field. Hot zone the middle LB deep zone. This takes away the deep post by the MLB which should be silver or Gold (no less) It takes away corner routes from the slot because you're manually controlling the wide side with an extra blitz guy and it also takes away the fade because you're playing cover 2 over their top WR's. This is one of my favorite defenses. What it gives up is short middle but honestly most guys aren't smart enough to go short or they just don't want to because they like the (big and exciting play)

Power O runs.

Not really any secret. My generic line is set to run block. Then i motion a WR to help block on that side. Once i get you thinking I am going to go one way i run it the other way without motioning the WR. You also played a lot of 34 with that steelers team. That doesn't guard power O runs very well. I would play 43 2 corners. That gives you 3 LBs and also pulls those corners in close to the line.

Blitzing

If you noticed my linebackers almost always had RIP. I understand you can't get a legend that has this attribute. To me it is silly they didn't put any legend LBs with rip because guys don't get any pass pressure on this game without a move. What i would do is run 34 and blitz my MLB with rip. I would also have silver DE. So now you have 2 guys silver and gold rushing. One will normally get through. Blizing from the outside is kinda a waste. A lot of times what you can do is once your opponent realizes you are blitzing the MLB they will hot route a slant to the middle. Now what you do is audible the MLB to a blitz and once he gets to the line audible him back to a short zone. He will still act like he is blitzing buy will drop back when the ball is snapped. Now your opponent has wasted his hot route and his first read when the ball is snapped. A lot of times they panic and throw it anyways and its a pick by your MLB. (This works very well)

Line Stunts

I used base and pinch for sim players. Fan for the cheesers.

I hope i answered your questions.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

GT is UberQuake.
Oversized CAPs can be very hard to play. I would have picked 43 pinch. Control a LB and rush him through the middle yourself to clog it up then pray someone tackles him. Eventually his HB will have to get tired. You just have to force them to short yardage runs. Those kind of guys normally can't pass at all. So once you can get a couple run stops you can pick off the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
heres an easy fix for ya, just screen your lobby opponents,and mabe join one of te OS laegues like SQL,I guarantee you will enjoy.I havent played a random lobby gm in months.Its just so much better playin Os guys
This is also a good solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »