Home

Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

This is a discussion on Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #25
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
On the d-line to stop 4th down I would go with Geno macheti and Art Donovan or Art donovan and Randy White the leadership boos plus White's clutch should put an end to all the 4th down stuff.At LB I'd go with Chuck Bednarick .That should stamp out almost any running gm cold.In the secondary roll with an Anderson and Renfro...Kasey is good at all that labbing stuff.
This post leads me to a question I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

With this defense, you are stuck with an all bronze offense. How many have found that effective? I use Ditka on most of my teams because of his leadership. When I don't have him I feel like my whole offense feels sluggish. With him, Clark doesn't drop, without him Clark drops 2 or 3 per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Hitman, Autumn , and others who care to chime in. I have strategy questions!

My buddy and I play the game using LBzRule sliders that help the defense. We held a draft and created 4 teams each with Defense having all Gold-, Silver- and Bronze-tiered players. On offense, only Bronze-tiered players.

Our games are relatively close. It seems, though, that he's better at making LOS adjustments than I am. He goes for it alot on 4th and 1 or less (which drives me nuts and makes me want to stop him even more). I'll try to stack the line, maybe a GoalLine D with the knowledge that he'll swing pass it to an open back. Or he'll run a Pro-Set dive from a flipped formation. My success rate of stopping his 4th Down is around 20% which I argue is BS since NFL teams don't have high 4th down success rates IRL. But I've got to stop him consistently if he's going to rethink going for it.

I try the coverage shells to disguise my base D (4-3 Cover 3 Strong) because I know he likes to pass to his TE. My zone is also full of holes for the WR coming across from the left. I try to play a bend-don't-break defense and keep his RBs from getting 100 yards, but my Pass D is awful.

Questions:
- What's the best way to stop his 4th and shorts? I try 2-hard and sometimes it works.

- How do I keep his TE from killing me and that WR from cutting across the middle on my zone. I have manned the CB on that WR, but the receiver tends to get lots of space.

- What is the best way to lab? Do you guys run two controllers to do your labbing?

I need help. I've got to get back to being competitive again.

Thanks for the assist!

BigBlue
1. For my Lab testing I use the Werewolfs to play against since that team is set up like most online teams.

2. If you know he is using arrow routes, drag routes or inside routes with his WR than shade your CB's inside. Hot route your Safeties to cover the deep sidelines incase he decides to go deep on you. If he will go to a quick out than your best bet is to manually cover that with the LB closest to the WR your worried about because out routes are very hard for the AI to do right.

3. The best defense for a sure run up the gut is the Bear defense. Do the Inside stunt and the play that has the Safety and the LB blitzing right up the middle.

If you don't want to go that route I would suggest this. I will do this to anyone who plays like he does.

I would hot zone my OLB's from the 4-3 defense to both flats and put my CB's in a low zone like the 2 hard. If you have both of your OLB's hot zoned to the flats they will go there if he passes and if he runs they will react to it normally. I would manually bring down the safety that does not help cover his biggest threat ( Meaning don't take the safety that is over the top of Jerry Rice, Take the Safety who is over the top of a lesser WR ) right over center and as soon as he hikes it I would blast right through the gut to kill his run and if he passes the ball he better do it quick or he will be dust. Is this cheap? Yes but the way he is playing is also. In the real NFL when the defense is sure of a run players like Polamolu blast right through as I am telling you to do. This kind of play requires a 4-3 defense with and allin line stunt.

If you have anymore questions for me you can post them here but I check this place once a day so if you want a quicker answer join my site below in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

With this defense, you are stuck with an all bronze offense. How many have found that effective? I use Ditka on most of my teams because of his leadership. When I don't have him I feel like my whole offense feels sluggish. With him, Clark doesn't drop, without him Clark drops 2 or 3 per game.
If you want a more realistic experience all your offense should be Bronze except the QB unless you can use a Bronze QB. I usually put both Golds and 2 Silvers on defense with a Silver QB. Its just a lot more realistic that way. If you know X's and O's you don't need any offense higher than Bronze.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #28
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

well you could also drop donovan for ditka but if you do I would change bednarick for greg lloyd.I love ditka on my teams too I has made some crazy plays for me.In all the gms that Ive had with ditka I can count on 1 hand how many drops he has,Mabe 3 out of 150 passes thrown to...I'm not kidding either.He has the best hands IMO.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
well you could also drop donovan for ditka but if you do I would change bednarick for greg lloyd.I love ditka on my teams too I has made some crazy plays for me.In all the gms that Ive had with ditka I can count on 1 hand how many drops he has,Mabe 3 out of 150 passes thrown to...I'm not kidding either.He has the best hands IMO.
Definitely. I've seen more snow days in South Florida than I've seen dropped Ditka passes. The guy is Randy Moss+Anthony Munoz.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 13

HITMAN!

Thanks for the reply. I'll put your suggestions to use tonight as I have my regularly scheduled Friday night games against him. We usually play face to face, but tonight we're online since he'll be away on vacation for the next week. Plenty of time for me to lab and prep for our next meeting!

I'll let you know how it works out!

BigBlue
Old 07-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #31
MVP

Methlab's Arena

More realistic is probably true. But winning online is a different story. I have an all bronze defense now and I actually get more out of it. My offense is all silvers and golds. I used to do it different, but I really believe in the all bronze D right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Once in while with generic LBS set to run support I will get Wille Mack #69 and he is lights out. I still believe LB's whose numbers that are not in the 50's play better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »