Home

Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

This is a discussion on Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
Rookie
 
MINATAURO's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

I always try and get Supernaw and Husak on my team. Lots of time wasted doing that lol.
__________________
Denver Broncos, Miami Hurricanes, Spurs, Rockies, Avalanche, Rapids, Zenit St. Petersburg, Man. United
MINATAURO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #66
Rookie
 
KDayisBack's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A house
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

There really is something to that Supernaw dude
My brother built a team that has him, and Supernaw dominated every game. He was like Revis out there
KDayisBack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #67
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Yeah, Supernaw is nice. 2K really should've allowed you to draft generics to your team. It really sucks when you play against your created teams and every one of them has the same players, smh. Obviously 2K wanted to do that so only the legends stand out, and they didn't want people playing against their own created teams, but still 2K screwed up with that.

Last edited by FaceMask; 12-03-2013 at 04:44 PM.
FaceMask is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Blog Entries: 49
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINATAURO
I always try and get Supernaw and Husak on my team. Lots of time wasted doing that lol.
Emanuel Husak = the Wes Welker of generic receivers.
jyoung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #69
MVP
 
elgreazy1's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Another great compliment is Cory Chandler - Balanced RB. He is a heavy-set RB and runs with power. If you can charge him up, he's able to give a Shoulder Charge to all Generic and many Bronze level defenders.

I've had Chandler & Leeroy Green as a 1,2 punch before and they are great if you can successfully split 15-20 touches between them and are willing to take what the defense gives you. They're clearly not going to dominate games, but they'll help keep a defense honest.
__________________
Online Portfolio Site
XBL: El Greazy 1
Currently Playing: XONE: Madden 16, GOW:UE, FIFA 15 + X360: APF2K8
elgreazy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #70
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,910
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

The editor proved years ago that there are no differences between generics, outside of their set types, and even that difference is minimal.
Culture Rot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #71
MVP
 
elgreazy1's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
The editor proved years ago that there are no differences between generics, outside of their set types, and even that difference is minimal.
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that assertion, especially after logging easily 2000+ games of APF in the last 6+ years.

Sure, maybe all Generics play the same, but there is a definite difference in speed, weight, and strength with Generic players. Please, test Leeroy Green (Balance RB) and Cory Chandler (Balanced RB). Then try Shoulder Charging with either or trying to run away from defenders and you'll definitely see the results.

Sure, hex may have showed Generic numbers are all baseline, but I believe Generics play differently when paired with specific Legends. There is something to the Abilities system that affects the algorithms of how players perform. Try this: think of APF as an RPG for football where Abilities are essentially Bonuses that are equipped to a team. If you have a team of defensive players with Run Reader, Run Coverage, Wrap Up Tackle, and/or Big Hit Abilities you'll notice Generic defenders become sure handed tacklers and are stout against the run. Add a dominate D-Line Legend and you'll notice the Generics around him are more likely to shed blocks, blow up holes, and make plays in the backfield, much like a Gold QB Legend will aid Generic WRs in making catches they would normally drop.

So in some ways, I think everyone is right a bit. Generics have no Abilities and therefore are molded the same, but height, weight, and build dictate other intangibles. Add in the complexity of the Ability system and things become even more interesting.

And this is what I believe was the beauty of APF. It was a very paired down rating system backed by a malleable AI which gave gamers a different feel when building teams. Complex in its simplicity.
__________________
Online Portfolio Site
XBL: El Greazy 1
Currently Playing: XONE: Madden 16, GOW:UE, FIFA 15 + X360: APF2K8

Last edited by elgreazy1; 12-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
elgreazy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #72
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,910
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that assertion, especially after logging easily 2000+ games of APF in the last 6+ years.

Sure, maybe all Generics play the same, but there is a definite difference in speed, weight, and strength with Generic players. Please, test Leeroy Green (Balance RB) and Cory Chandler (Balanced RB). Then try Shoulder Charging with either or trying to run away from defenders and you'll definitely see the results.

Sure, hex may have showed Generic numbers are all baseline, but I believe Generics play differently when paired with specific Legends. There is something to the Abilities system that affects the algorithms of how players perform. Try this: think of APF as an RPG for football where Abilities are essentially Bonuses that are equipped to a team. If you have a team of defensive players with Run Reader, Run Coverage, Wrap Up Tackle, and/or Big Hit Abilities you'll notice Generic defenders become sure handed tacklers and are stout against the run. Add a dominate D-Line Legend and you'll notice the Generics around him are more likely to shed blocks, blow up holes, and make plays in the backfield, much like a Gold QB Legend will aid Generic WRs in making catches they would normally drop.

So in some ways, I think everyone is right a bit. Generics have no Abilities and therefore are molded the same, but height, weight, and build dictate other intangibles. Add in the complexity of the Ability system and things become even more interesting.

And this is what I believe was the beauty of APF. It was a very paired down rating system backed by a malleable AI which gave gamers a different feel when building teams. Complex in its simplicity.
Sorry let me correct one thing then:

There are no difference EXCEPT whatever ability boosts there are for Legends with Leadership ability.
Culture Rot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Top -