Home

Why play in the All-Pro Lobby?

This is a discussion on Why play in the All-Pro Lobby? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Why play in the All-Pro Lobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Yet two other people agree with my assessment where in AP you can just bomb it all day seeing as the DB AI will not react.
Which has to do with AI difficulty, and not whether gamers are playing a sim versus arcade game style. If people play sim, they don't take advantage of AI programming deficiencies on a particular difficulty level.

But if you're saying the people who play on All Pro, play an arcade style that continiously takes advantage of the less-aggressive AI, that's a different thing altogether, sure.

Last edited by baa7; 07-19-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
The same can be said for legend, where Bronze Cbs play like Silver, Silver like Gold, & Gold like Gods.
That was going to be my other point. Tougher AI does not necessarily equal realism. The Show has a new Legend difficulty level where CPU hitters all hit like Ted Williams and Tony Gwynn. And for anyone who has played EA's FIFA or NHL series, the highest difficulty levels in those games bear no resemblance to the sport as it's played in real life. Those difficulty levels are programmed specifically for the button jockeys who want the extra challenge.

Last edited by baa7; 07-19-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by firrea80
Playing in All Pro Lobby is just plain dumb. Just get Maynard or Drew Pearson and throw post corner all day because the receiver is always going to get a jumping animation and your gold star DB Willie Brown would just stare.
& you just further proved my point of why you would rely on AI fixes instead of proper play calling. I am one of the best players playing online, & while Maynard and Pearson are two of the best receivers in the game, they can be stopped/contained.

I played a user just yesterday who had Maynard, Pearson, Rice, I defended him with 2 bronze cbs & won the game in ALL-Pro. Knowing the plays, reading offenses, & playing manual defense is how I do it.

Many gamers who just lack the knowledge and stick skills have the mind set, that Legend = SIM, which is simply not true.

Learn the game, call the rite plays......

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
& you just further proved my point of why you would rely on AI fixes instead of proper play calling. I am one of the best players playing online, & while Maynard and Pearson are two of the best receivers in the game, they can be stopped/contained.

I played a user just yesterday who had Maynard, Pearson, Rice, I defended him with 2 bronze cbs & won the game in ALL-Pro. Knowing the plays, reading offenses, & playing manual defense is how I do it.

Many gamers who just lack the knowledge and stick skills have the mind set, that Legend = SIM, which is simply not true.

Learn the game, call the rite plays......

peace
I would agree with this. There are some serious cheesers on legend too. The guys with the 5 ability CAP's and same money plays. Sometimes, I find that more guys on All-Pro want to just have fun playing, while the legend lobby guys have a win at all cost mentality.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Agree to disagree. On Legend you have a much better represented defense that doesn't make as many bone-headed secondary AI mistakes. Most leagues use legend sliders because it better represents a real game of football. Most lobby guys don't play in leagues. Seems to all correlate.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Agree to disagree. On Legend you have a much better represented defense that doesn't make as many bone-headed secondary AI mistakes. Most leagues use legend sliders because it better represents a real game of football. Most lobby guys don't play in leagues. Seems to all correlate.
On legend, you are penalized for trying to make a user-catch. Is that sim?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Banned

My last post on this, playing legend is like playing Madden Head Coach, call the plays and let the computer play for you ..........

I'm Done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
On legend, you are penalized for trying to make a user-catch. Is that sim?
I seem to get more picks and catches with User catching in legend lobby. In All Pro Lobby you get a lot of focus bugs. Plus when you try to guard a receiver. the post corner route is unstopabble to defend because if you play zone. He goes past the CB and if you play man and outside shade. He would jump up while the DB would just run with him. If you manually cover it, it won't give you the jumping animation that is given to the receiver. The receiver does like a rocket catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »