Home

Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

This is a discussion on Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #33
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

I think 2k had the total package as far as the complete feel of the nfl....It had it's problems of course and if anyone said it didn't they are ignorant. Madden 10 looks to be a great improvement this year. Presentations and Graphics. As far as the other stuff it remains to be seen. No one has played the retail version for a period of time as of yet... I don't think Madden will be truly a great game until they fix the core annimation system. I'm sorry but Players skating all over the field, Players sliding without moving their feet to make tackles, or the superhuman turns and dancing to make a play just takes away from the experience. Ian and company has done a tremendous job at patching Madden. However, until they change the system, It will continue to be a patch. Doesn't mean madden won't be very good this year tho.. Just how it is. Again 2k had the total package from graphic to offensive lineman blocking correct guys not just running past them... I personally like 2k's tackling system....It was great in 2k5...Now Madden has pro tack..Took 4 years to get something ok but at least it is looking alot better
Old 08-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBxLakers24
Pro Tak is a GIMMICK! Same thing EA does every year just to keep ppl interested. Biggest thing Madden has ever added was Hit Stick and Truck Stick.
hehe, i think it is a gimmick becuase they gave it a name, so it sounds cool. Its like "ooh, did you hear that EA has somethign called Pro Tak, a new tackling system".

The Pro tak thing is broken and people that buy Madden 10 are beta testing it. I know its broken because of all the videos i have seen where only 1 guy is tackling the player while 2-3 other guys are coming in to hit the ball carrier only to bounce off and the offensive player fall forward and gain 2-4 more yards.

EA has to name everything though, so it sounds really cool or whatever.

I dont care about cool sounding features, bring me a good game of football. Well, i am going on year 2 of no good football. I will stick to Street Fighter IV until NBA2K comes out.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
hehe, i think it is a gimmick becuase they gave it a name, so it sounds cool. Its like "ooh, did you hear that EA has somethign called Pro Tak, a new tackling system".

The Pro tak thing is broken and people that buy Madden 10 are beta testing it. I know its broken because of all the videos i have seen where only 1 guy is tackling the player while 2-3 other guys are coming in to hit the ball carrier only to bounce off and the offensive player fall forward and gain 2-4 more yards.

I dont care about cool sounding features, bring me a good game of football. Well, i am going on year 2 of no good football. I will stick to Street Fighter IV until NBA2K comes out.
lol same here kc except for street fighter 4(im like the biggest street fighter fan but i was actually disappointed in IV, i expect more i guess) . EA just giving football in compartments and selling them break-through game technology.

if physics is not respected pro-tak is broken plain and simple. you cannot make procedural tackling without placing physics everywhere on the field so i say its a gimmick for this reason alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Adding Pro Tak to Madden's animation engine is the equivalent of taking a wooden hockey stick and attaching fiberglass strips to it using duct tape, and then passing it off as a breakthrough in 21st-century equipment technology. As I said on another thread, when tacklers appear to attach themselves to the pile like flies stick to ****, then something's not quite right.
lol..You're a funny guy baa7!!, You know what baa7, you're one of the old timers here at OS that I have the most respect for when it comes to opinons on sports games and not afraid to tell it like it is, regardless where it's from EA, 2K etc....you call it as you see it. Keep it up bro! I hear ya!!

peace
Old 08-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

2k's system is better because it captures the violence of the NFL game better.

In 2ks system physics, weight and momentum play a great factor in the result of the tackle not just the ratings of the players.

Pro Tak is hugging and then falling down in place those kinds of tackles rarely happen in the NFL if at all.

The tackles in 2k also sound better you hear more of the pads popping and 2k has collisions rather than hugging and falling down.
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv

Pro-Tak stands for Procedural Tackling.

If 2K could market like EA (with cool names, as you call it) we'd be playing APF 2K10 right now. You can't put EA at fault for good advertising.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
2k's system is better because it captures the violence of the NFL game better.

In 2ks system physics, weight and momentum play a great factor in the result of the tackle not just the ratings of the players.

Pro Tak is hugging and then falling down in place those kinds of tackles rarely happen in the NFL if at all.

The tackles in 2k also sound better you hear more of the pads popping and 2k has collisions rather than hugging and falling down.
This isn't entirely accurate, in my experience. There are all kinds of wonky tackles in APF--I could list them, but we all know.

In Madden, I've hit the hole and leveled guys with Farrior several times, and I've seen other 'backers and safeties do the same. Not every tackle is a big one (just like real life), but I have seen some legit slobberknockers in the GS demo.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Adding Pro Tak to Madden's animation engine is the equivalent of taking a wooden hockey stick and attaching fiberglass strips to it using duct tape, and then passing it off as a breakthrough in 21st-century equipment technology. As I said on another thread, when tacklers appear to attach themselves to the pile like flies stick to ****, then something's not quite right.
Agree Pro-Tak feels and looks awfull, 2K's tackling does exactly what pro-tak claims. You can move the pile, you stand a runner up and blast him with a safety, you can "branch" tackles. Madden does this poorley or not at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »