Home

Man the route running in this game is still untouchable

This is a discussion on Man the route running in this game is still untouchable within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Man the route running in this game is still untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Yeah, it's easy to forget given that it's been so long. I hadn't played 2K5 in a while but put it in a few weeks ago and was pretty surprised at how well they nailed things from a presentation standpoint and a gameplay/immersion standpoint. I always read how great a job they did from a presentation standpoint but it really stands out when you see it. I get that same feeling from a lot of the little things APF does from a gameplay standpoint
Spank. You are one of the main people that I am waiting to hear from regarding M10, to see if it is worth a purchase. Some of those current impressions are totally useless because alot of the posters already love madden to begin with. I need some 2k fellahs to chime in on what they really think. You, Jmood, Tombstone (already seen his), Baa7, Valdez, Finn, Sage etc...get on your grind! j/k.

I will play the retail version at the local Block Bluster, to get a feel for it.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There still hasn't been a game that comes to close to getting route running animations as good as All Pro, I've been replaying over and over again just because of how beautiful the animations are. I've had this game since day 1 and it still amazes me how realistic they are.

I would agree with that. That's fair.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #11
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Spank. You are one of the main people that I am waiting to hear from regarding M10, to see if it is worth a purchase. Some of those current impressions are totally useless because alot of the posters already love madden to begin with. I need some 2k fellahs to chime in on what they really think. You, Jmood, Tombstone (already seen his), Baa7, Valdez, Finn, Sage etc...get on your grind! j/k.

I will play the retail version at the local Block Bluster, to get a feel for it.
Get a "feel" for it? You don't have to bother. It "feels" like every other Madden ever made. It plays like last years game, and the game before that and the game before that. The only difference is the tiny little tweaks here or there but in NO WAY does it feel like a different game.

So if you didn't like how Madden played in 2007, you won't like how this game plays either. It's not 2k10..it's Madden10.

Last edited by Nintari; 08-10-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Get a "feel" for it? You don't have to bother. It "feels" like every other Madden ever made. It plays like last years game, and the game before that and the game before that. The only difference is the tiny little tweaks here or there but in NO WAY does it feel like a different game.

So if you didn't like how Madden played in 2007, you won't like how this game plays either. It's not 2k10..it's Madden10.
It definitely doesn't feel like last year's Madden, if that was the case I wouldn't be buying it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It definitely doesn't feel like last year's Madden, if that was the case I wouldn't be buying it.
Same engine,physics,rout running and game mechanics. Like I said, it's "tweaked". It's not reinventing Madden, it's slightly improved. It feels the same,plays the same. Once you try it on "normal" mode, you'll see that the game speed was pretty much smoke and mirrors. It was only added in there to hide the god awful animations (which still exist in whole).

That's why IGN gave it .1 more then last year because it's pretty much the same game slightly refined.

It's still Maddenball....

Last edited by Nintari; 08-10-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

Just thinking of the route running and pass rushes in APF makes me miss it a lot. Sending LC Greenwood on a speed rush from a 9 technique off the edge brings back such good memories. Throwing the post-corner before the WR made his move was just priceless too. APF is the closest thing to a virtual sport that I've ever played hands down. It is discouraging knowing that I won't have that same luxury in M10... but I'm still trying to go in positive.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Same engine,physics,rout running and game mechanics. Like I said, it's "tweaked". It's not reinventing Madden, it's slightly improved. It feels the same,plays the same. Once you try it on "normal" mode, you'll see that the game speed was pretty much smoke and mirrors. It was only added in there to hide the god awful animations (which still exist in whole).

That's why IGN gave it .1 more then last year because it's pretty much the same game slightly refined.

It's still Maddenball....
I think it's noticeably better than last year's Madden - but in a way, that's not saying much. Last year's Madden was completely unplayable to me; M10 is more playable. IGN's views are ridiculous anyway; no way any of the next gen Maddens should've been rated as high as they are. So in the end their opinion doesn't matter. There's way more of a .1 margin of improvement between M10 and M09 imo. But if you start factoring that to where the game should be, or how it fares against certain aspects of 2K5 or APF then there's an issue

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

That was easily noticeable for me when I played Madden at CD. The route running is nowhere near 2k8. WR's come off way to high and they still run their routes a bit too casual. They need more explosion like 2k8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »