Home

How hard would it be to create a 2k game with fictional players and let us customize?

This is a discussion on How hard would it be to create a 2k game with fictional players and let us customize? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #17
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: How hard would it be to create a 2k game with fictional players and let us custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Oh man, if only they would allow complete customization just like NCAA gets around the no college player name thing, EA would be finished with Madden. Honestly, they just couldn't compete because 2k would puts out a superior product at a cheaper price.
this. 2k's football games are by far better when it comes to gameplay and presentation. i've played APF 2k8 for 2 years, have i spent that amount of time on any next gen EA football game? no. maybe 10 months at most.
Still, if APF 2k8 had franchise mode...it would be great. that's really one of the few drawbacks to APF 2k8. I love that game.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How hard would it be to create a 2k game with fictional players and let us custom

I don't even need full customization. Just give me a fictional league, with franchise mode for 30 seasons and let me at it. Include a fake league history and records to break. Create players and give them stats.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I don't even need full customization. Just give me a fictional league, with franchise mode for 30 seasons and let me at it. Include a fake league history and records to break. Create players and give them stats.
Actually Id be happy with this too.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Oh man, if only they would allow complete customization just like NCAA gets around the no college player name thing, EA would be finished with Madden. Honestly, they just couldn't compete because 2k would puts out a superior product at a cheaper price.
you truly believe that more people will buy a game with random people and random teams than a licensed NFL game? What ever you say
Old 09-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmonsta
you truly believe that more people will buy a game with random people and random teams than a licensed NFL game? What ever you say
You obviously didn't understand what he was saying. If 2k created a football game with complete control over customization then it would outsell madden, just like how PES was the more popular title until FIFA 09 came out. NHL2k even had a slight advantage on NHL gameplay wise before NHL09 came out.

With complete control people could literally recreate the NFL team for team, logo for logo, player for player. It would be the NFL just wouldn't be officially licensed. If you don't think people would buy that more than Madden just look at my previous example of Pro Evolution Soccer. That game didn't even have all the teams but allowed people to edit them and had the advantage of gameplay just like APF/2k5 does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cardot is right. I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that the Devs limited the customization on purpose because of the fact that people would recreate the NFL. Anyone here think the NFL would be pleased to see their players in a unlicensed game on Youtube, or where ever? 2K can kiss away ever having a chance at the license ever again if that were to happen. 2K played it smart.

Of course all of this is at the expense of the consumers. But when has it been any other way? We just gotta wait it out and hope 2K takes another crack at it in a few years.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I agree, but customization would be nice.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #24
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I agree, but customization would be nice.
I'd take a fake league as well, kind of like the one in the Blitz games.

On a side note, Cryolemon are you really in England because if you are you must be the only Marlins fan in the entire country,Lol.

I live in south florida and have been to many Marlins games and they are never anywhere near sold out. Plus there are always more fans of the away team then there are Marlins fans. It's sad to see though, in a pathetic sort of way. I'm a Yankees fan so I don't lose any sleep over it.

However I do think the Marlins have one of the nicest cap logos ever.

Yankees!! World Series Champs #27!!

Yankees~HEAT~Miami Hurricanes~Dolphins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »