Home

Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden

This is a discussion on Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 8
madden 10 trumps all pro idiots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 60
Nice article. Makes me want to give APF 2K8 a try!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 55
Grunt, yeah I am a defensive minded player also. With that, I still feel like when someone beat me with a quick snap fade situation its cheap points. My defensive stats were definitely inflated at times because of this.

wEEman I agree. If I had to pick one game to play for hte next 5 years, it'd be APF no question.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4
Ironic that this came out today because I just started playing APF yesterday again for the first time in about 5 months. I have Madden 10 and at first I didn't think I'd go back to APF or 2k5 but I just can't get into Madden's gameplay enough to keep the game long term. I tried 2k5 first but i think it's finally starting to really show it's age. 2k sports fans have to realize that Madden just isn't ever going to be the football game they want because in order for that to happen i think Madden needs a complete engine overhaul which it won't get. Graphics are good for the most part but I think they are inferior to 2k8. Comparing animations from a Madden game to a 2k football game is just stupid. There is no contest about the fact that 2k reigns. I pulled off a flea flicker 70 yd bomb td pass in apf 2k8 yesterday and it was just a thing of beauty. I watched the replay 10 times before I went back to the game. Like so many people have said, if APF had a franchise mode, I wouldn't even entertain the thought of making a Madden purchase.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #45
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
APF 2k8 has great gameplay, but lack of franchise mode keeps it's replayability lower than madden. madden has made great improvements this year. it has its problems, but overall i am actually content with madden this gen. for once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26
you think ea cares?

they are getting money off of crap.

no game takes 20 years to try to be good.

they make NO effort on the blogs they told us to write ideas on and the nba live team really listened to us as opposed to madden.the nba live team should move to football also.

try responding to comments and ill be happy.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #47
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Really a senseless and pointless comparison. I don't care how great All-Pro plays. Playing with fake teams is no fun. The reason most people play sports games is to simulate real life teams and leagues. Madden was garbage on next-gen until this year but I'll take a garbage game that's fully licensed over a fantastic game without the NFL license.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #48
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Thank-you for shedding some light cause some ppl consistantly are oblivious to the obvious that Madden is still stiffing ppl...Now with that being said we all need to find ways to help improve this game or else we'll keep wasting 60 ya digg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »