Home

Splitting time with APF and Madden 10, lol

This is a discussion on Splitting time with APF and Madden 10, lol within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Splitting time with APF and Madden 10, lol

I just enjoy the hell out of both games, but I still have to chuckle to myself.

When I'm playing APF, I'm thinking; I miss the NFL!! I miss the players! I miss....oooooh, that was COOL! What a play!

When I'm playing Madden 10, I'm thinking; I miss the gameplay of APF! Why can I NEVER throw deep? Why can't I....damn, these graphics are nice!

I do prefer the play of APF overall, as well as several of it's in-game presentation touches, but love the depth of Madden and dammit, I love the NFL teams and players and stadiums.

I'm just happy to have both to play, and that Madden is finally FUN this year. I feel I get a complete experience playing both APF/Madden, and if I want to go in-depth with team control I can play my Head Coach 09. Plus, I still have 2K5 to fall back on, but I'm good right now with what I've got.

And no, there's no real point to this thread except for my ramblings.

PS: Another area of APF I love is that replays for the most part look a LOT like what you see on Sundays in regards to angles, zooming, etc. Very cool. Madden still needs to beef up it's replay angles and frequency of replays (needs more).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Splitting time with APF and Madden 10, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan

When I'm playing APF, I'm thinking; I miss the NFL!! I miss the players! I miss....oooooh, that was COOL! What a play!

When I'm playing Madden 10, I'm thinking; I miss the gameplay of APF! Why can I NEVER throw deep? Why can't I....damn, these graphics are nice!

I do prefer the play of APF overall, as well as several of it's in-game presentation touches, but love the depth of Madden and dammit, I love the NFL teams and players and stadiums.

I'm just happy to have both to play, and that Madden is finally FUN this year. I feel I get a complete experience playing both APF/Madden, and if I want to go in-depth with team control I can play my Head Coach 09. Plus, I still have 2K5 to fall back on, but I'm good right now with what I've got.

And no, there's no real point to this thread except for my ramblings.

PS: Another area of APF I love is that replays for the most part look a LOT like what you see on Sundays in regards to angles, zooming, etc. Very cool. Madden still needs to beef up it's replay angles and frequency of replays (needs more).
I feel the same way. The gameplay in APF2k8 is the best in my opinion and even though I like using the legends, at times I miss those NFL licensed things. Then I play Madden 10 but can't get as much into it as APF2k8. It's a fun experience, but I don't think I'll ever be as immersed in it as I am in APF2k8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

i was doing that until the game play of APF just completely took over and forced me to stick madden 10 on the shelf. even with my M10 slider set the APF game play is just unmatched.
i'll try madden again after the patches release i just hope i can get back into it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm praying for 2k to do another APF and make it completely customizable so the community can create and import all the logos, teams, and players from the NFL.

I'm all for APF going PES on EA. (acronyms FTW!)

^^Someone should make that into a banner/forum sig. I said it first!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Feel free to criticize ..

I've had APF since I got my PS3, it was given to me..

I've played it maybe three-four times. I just can't really get into it for some reason, but I see so many people praising it here,

Think I'm going to give it some more action and see if I like it better this go around..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Well I finally won the APF championship game/bowl this weekend But I gotta say, 2k5 has it all over 2k8 for presentation, and even Madden 10 beats up on APF2k8's presentation. I didn't feel any sense of championship game atmosphere at all...just another game, season over. sigh....

2k8 PLAYS incredibly well, and I love it's replays...but it's a bit of a cold fish for immersiveness. I'll fire it up again and get some achievements, though.

And yes, still playing and loving Madden 10, too.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan

I was reading this post and was thinking; I agree! Both games have poitives and negatives. It's good to read someone who... Lieutenant Dan Ice cream! New legs Lieutenant Dan! You still Lieutenant Dan... Forest gump FTW.

I recently played this game the other day for the first time and with out going into full detail, it is better and worse than 2k5 and Madden games in it's own way.

I am still trying to figure out what positions/players are more important than others when building a team. The positive is that this games gives you solid gameplay for a single game against anyone, but has zero depth in regards to franchise mode.

I wish there was a mode where you could make/draft dream teams but not able to play ranked games with them. I also wish that they had more players, streatched out the star ratings to 5, and you were able to pick your entire team or at least 22-24 starters [nickle back, slot WR] with a similar system that is in place.

Off the top of my head you could use two 5 star players, three 4 star players, five 3 star players, six 2 star players, and eight 1 star players. That would be 24 players, the star ranked palyers would be streatched out a bit more, there would be more players to choose from, and your teams wouldn't be filled with scrubs with repeating jersey numbers that take up space.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

LOL at Madden Head and the quality Gump quotes..I hear them all the time but never tire of 'em.

Part of the fun of APF for me is the team building, who to go with for the stars since you have a limited number.

For my team, I went with Jerry Rice and Joe Montana for my two golds.

I wanted at least two good OL, including a solid LT for protection, so they were bronze stars.

Silver stars: one on the DL (Millard), RB (Curt Warner), and my MLB Norton Jr.

Bronzes were Terry McDaniel (CB), Lem Barney (CB), & Cliff Branch (WR, a great speedster to compliment Rice's style), and Eugene Robinson at Safety.

Seemed to make for a well-balanced squad and suited my style of play. I play offline 99% of the time, so yeah, I get frustrated by the lack of Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »